Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sush
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to get Task load start time from any APP?

I have a situation where businesses want to display the task start time in the app. Is this something that we can display?

In any app, we can see when the data was reloaded. But is there any option when the job started and when the subsequent execution is?

I tried to explain the scenario below that I am looking for. Could you check and provide any suggestions on this? 

For example,

1. Task 1 - I have a task that is scheduled which will refresh the QVD file. This is just to pull the most recent data from the source system which will not be visible to the end users.

2. Refresh APP - I have another app that will refresh once the Task 1 is complete. This app will be accessed by the users. I want to display the timing when the Task 1 started here and also when the App refresh started in this App.

I know they can go to QMC - Tasks to check this but will we be able to display this info at the app level itself?

Labels (1)
5 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, you can add a variable at the start of script that sets the value of that variable to Now(1), in the app you can use this variable to show the time on when the task started.

sush
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your response. This is great.  I tried to explain the scenario below that I am looking for. Could you check and provide any suggestions on this? 

For example,

1. Task 1 - I have a task that is scheduled which will refresh the QVD file. This is just to pull the most recent data from the source system which will not be visible to the end users.

2. Refresh APP - I have another app that will refresh once the Task 1 is complete. This app will be accessed by the users. I want to display the timing when the Task 1 started here and also when the App refresh started in this App.

rubenmarin

Hi, to get "when the App refresh started in this App" you can follow the previous post with the variable.

To get "when the Task 1 started", you can add a step at the begining of that app that also creates a varible with now(1), and then store a qvd with that value, the Refresh App con load the qvd to get the datetime.

sush
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks, let me try that approach. Also without storing to QVD is there any other approach available?

rubenmarin

There is the option to do a REST connection to the server and look for the data in the logs, you can look at the script of the operations monitor to check how it's doing that.

I can advise that this will require more job, maybe there is the option to access the task and query the start time, I'm not sure, and again it will take more work for the programmer and for the system.