Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
researchyar
Contributor
Contributor

How to Embed Qlik dashboards in Iframe using C#

Hello to all
I'm a bit new to Qlik, please forgive me!
I recently got hired at a large company that has a lot of QlikView dashboards.
It has been decided to consolidate all the organization's dashboards together with the dashboards written with other software on one portal.
Therefore, we intend to do this with the help of C#. I have made a decision for Power BI and SSRS and crystal report and ... , but I don't know how to communicate with QlikView so that the login message is not displayed when loading the dashboard. Qlik dashboards uses Active Directory to login and each user must login if he or she wants to see dashboards
Please guide me.
Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Grahamrodriguez
Contributor
Contributor

@researchyarDoglikesbest wrote:

Hello to all
I'm a bit new to Qlik, please forgive me!
I recently got hired at a large company that has a lot of QlikView dashboards.
It has been decided to consolidate all the organization's dashboards together with the dashboards written with other software on one portal.
Therefore, we intend to do this with the help of C#. I have made a decision for Power BI and SSRS and crystal report and ... , but I don't know how to communicate with QlikView so that the login message is not displayed when loading the dashboard. Qlik dashboards uses Active Directory to login and each user must login if he or she wants to see dashboards
Please guide me.
Thanks.

Hello,

Embedding QlikView dashboards into an iframe using C# involves a few steps to ensure seamless integration and user authentication. Here’s a general guide to help you get started:

Generate the HTML code for the specific object: You’ll need to generate the HTML code for embedding either a Qlik Sense sheet or an individual chart/object. This can be done from the Qlik Sense interface where you can select “Embed sheet” or “Share > Embed” for a chart/object.

Configure a Content Security Policy: Make sure to configure a Content Security Policy (CSP) for your web application that will host the iframe. This is important for security reasons and to ensure that the iframe content is allowed to be displayed.

Handle Authentication: Since Qlik dashboards use Active Directory for login, you’ll need to handle authentication in a way that the login message does not display when loading the dashboard. This might involve leveraging an interactive Identity Provider on Qlik Cloud or handling user sessions with iframes and enigma.js. If your web application does not leverage the same configuration as your Qlik Cloud tenant, users may be redirected to sign in to Qlik Cloud before they can see embedded content.

To improve this experience, you might want to explore handling user sessions with iframes and enigma.js.

Use Qlik-Embed: For a more integrated experience, consider using qlik-embed which simplifies embedding entire apps/sheets/charts into your web app without the complexity of JWT and with the simplicity of OAuth2 authentication.

I hope the information may helps you.