directormanagersales repquotarevenue
HansSofieCaitlyn300256
HansSofieNate200157
HansMattHenrik526412
PeterGertSarah10355
PeterTaniaTim450215
PeterTaniaLea640370

Hey everyone

I have a situation where, I want to use a hierarchy like the one above in Qlik Sense.
My challenge is, that in my calculations, revenue functions fine, because I can sum it by for example Hans, if I select him in a drill down list box. But the Quota for Hans is not the sum of the quota column, the quota column is linked to the sales rep.

So basically I have a drill down Director -> Manager -> Sales Rep

But I need different quota numbers different on which place in the hierarchy i am currently looking.

One solution is to create a dummy in the data, to compensate for the different in quota. So Hans -> Dummy -> Dummy - quota 140

Another solution, is to program Qlik, so that the quota selected in all calculations, depends on current selections in field.

That seems very extensive though, anyone has any better solutions?

Best regards

Dennis

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Quota table for directors could be

Hans 1166

Peter 1393

Each manager also have individual quotas

cmsunilkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Denins,

Did you find any solution for this, i have same kind of scenario so loking for better solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I connected quotas to VP level, and Manager level, and Sales Rep level.

Then in the app, I made the KPI's show the appropriate column for quota, depending on users selection in drill down, using some logic from the function "getcurrentselection" (or something like that).

So if users had selected a VP, but no manager or sales rep, then it shows VP quota, if users had selected VP and Manager, then it shows manager quota. If users selected sales rep, then it shows sales rep quota.

Not very complex, but still kinda elaborate solution.

cmsunilkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Dennis,

May i know how did you connect Quota to the VP level?

Can you please elaborate.

Thansk
Sunil