Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naude716
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hiding or Masking a (Member ID/Name) Column

Hi-

I'm new to working in qlik sense. I have a simple table of members that I am sorting based on cost incurred.

For this table I only show the top 20 costing members. I would like to show this without revealing the member's ID/name.

For instance:

I'd like to go from:

Rank      Name      Cost

1            John        $50

2            Mike        $45

...etc

to simply:

Rank      Cost

1            $50

2            $45

... etc

What is the best way to do this? Is there a way to hide a column or alias a name to be equal to it's rank?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you are good with anonymizing the Name field throughout your app, you can add this at the end of your script.

AutoNumber Name;

-Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@Naude716 In this case, Why do you need to add this Name as dimension is the first place.

Secondly, You can add for Column If condition as  "1=0"

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Naude716
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I need it to group the dollar amounts ranked by member ID. Name was just an easy visual example. When I set the "show column when" value to something to make it hide, it will condense all 20 of these member data rows into one row, and sum the dollars.

When the dashboard is published I cannot give out the identities of those top 20 members that had the most cost, but I need to show how much each of the top 20 members incurred in cost separately. Also there are some other columns I need to show other than cost such as primary diagnosis which is something that can't be summed anyways.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you are good with anonymizing the Name field throughout your app, you can add this at the end of your script.

AutoNumber Name;

-Rob

Naude716
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks, that is a perfectly acceptable answer. Is there anyway I could have an autonumber'd ID and preserve the original variable side by side?

I tried: AutoNumber Name as 'AnonID';

-but the loader did not like that.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Load the field twice when you load the source, then autonumber one of them.

Load 
Name,
Name as NameOriginal,
From ....;

AutoNumber Name;

-Rob

Naude716
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you very much!

That is a big help.