Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewrmw
Contributor II
Contributor II

Determine which expression column number has a particular value

Good day

I am trying to determine from a PivotTable which expression has a particular value associated with it.

What I am wanting is to find out which column in the expressions has a ZERO value. The first occurence of the ZERO.

And then display this in my dimension. My expression totals are based on year and week so trying to figure out which year and week has the first occurence of a ZERO.

Is this even possible?

Thank you in advance

20 Replies
qlikviewrmw
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes I did but it does not appear to work. The comma after the Year is underlined in red, so seems something is missing and or not correct.

sunny_talwar

You are using this in Qlik Sense, right?

qlikviewrmw
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes I am

sunny_talwar

Did you try to click okay to see if it gives any output or not? Sometimes syntax editor doesn't recognize a particular syntax, but the syntax isn't wrong. If you have not tried that yet, can you give it a shot... because the above expression does work for me.

qlikviewrmw
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Just gives a -, no error or anything

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to post a screenshot of the expression you have used which also show the error after Year that you are talking about?

qlikviewrmw
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Capture.JPG

As you can see after the comma after Year, it is underlined in red and then the rest is not recognized.

sunny_talwar

Two things

1) It seems like a screenshot from QlikView, whereas you have mentioned that you are using Qlik Sense. If you are using QlikView, this will only work if you have QV12 or above.

2) I don't think this is the issue as I am sure you are using QlikView 11.2 or something, but just to make sure do you really have a field called Year or is it called something else? Make sure you use the correct field names.

Best,

Sunny

qlikviewrmw
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

1) My apologies. I am still quite new to Qlikview, self taught, and was under the impression Qlik Sense was the code used with in Qlikview. It is a Qlikview report, and trying to do this in a pivottable calculated dimension.

2) My Qlikview is version 10.

It appears then that what is wanted by management is not possible due to the limitations of the version of Qlikview I am making use of.

qlikviewrmw
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

My fields are exactly as they have been mentioned. Year, Week, Amount, PG.