cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksgo
Contributor II
Contributor II

Custom Property tagged users can see apps, not sheets/objects

Hi - I set up a Custom Property called AppAccessGroup, and there are a few custom values assigned and I've since assigned them to both people and apps. Stream access was already started by being dictated by individual user so for the sake of not redoing it all, I've left that as is.

ksgo_0-1647468417339.png

I then created a security rule to enforce the tags:

ksgo_1-1647468559056.png

But now, the tagged users can only SEE the apps they're supposed to see (which, yay), but then are told there are no available sheets. 

To my eye, none of my other existing security rules would limit what AppObjects can be seen or not, so I am at a complete loss as to why it is behaving this way and would really love some advice or idea of where to start looking. I need my users to see the apps they're supposed to see and everything within them. I thought using the App* was supposed to cover that but it does not appear to be doing so. I also attempted adding the AppObject* to the line with App*.

And yes, I have been turning off the default rule of Stream to test this (plus if it had been on, this wouldn't be happening).

Thank you.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

I think you would need to change this below rule as well, we did it long back so not exactly able to recall but can you compare what you got in this rule?

Digvijay_Singh_2-1647475000893.png

Full rule text as below 

(resource.resourcetype = "App" and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read") and resource.@PH_AppGroup.empty()) or ((resource.resourcetype = "App.Object" and
resource.objectType != "app_appscript" and resource.published ="true" and resource.objectType != "loadmodel") and resource.app.stream.HasPrivilege("read"))

Digvijay_Singh

This is we got the other rule similar to what you have shown in your post, PH_Appgroup is the custom property to be assigned to both App and the user resource.

Digvijay_Singh_3-1647475251389.png

ksgo
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Digvijay_Singh  Thank you - if I'm reading this correctly then, I would need to apply both rules?

Digvijay_Singh

Yes, unfortunately the video tutorial on this is appearing deleted from youtube, there are many good posts on this, one of them as below - 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/App-Development/Qlik-Sense-Stream-Management-Security-Rules-and-Except...