Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomf122
Contributor III
Contributor III

Combo bar Chart with two measures and two dimensions

Hey, 

I am looking for a way to create a bar chart which has two measures and two dimensions. 

Currently my chart has one measure but I would also like to add the target beside the current chart. I have had a look through the forums but cant see anything where two measures and dimensions can be combined. 

Current:

tomf122_0-1651743539284.png

Chart done in excel which I'm trying to replicate. 

tomf122_1-1651743572778.png

Thanks,

Tom

Labels (1)
3 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Yes this is achievable

Dimension 1 :  X - Axis   , Just combine your dimensions using a calculated dimension

Aggr(MonthYear&'-'&Type,MonthYear,Type)    << Assuming Type field has values Target & Achieved

Dimension 2: simply the dimension values you want to see stacked

Measure = Sum(Sales)

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
edwin
Master II
Master II

you actually need to take it one step further.  instead of AGGR in the dimension, you should create a dual which is the concat of the month and type (target or actual) and the number part which allows you to sort it properly.  if you dont youll have a hard time ordering JAN, FEB, MAR...

also in the dim you dont need the aggr.  you will get the same result.  what is key here is the color:

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 4.27.01 PM.png

 for example i used DIM - A,B,C:

=if(type='TARGET',pick(match(dim,'A','B','C'),ARGB(100,200,0,0),ARGB(100,0,200,0),ARGB(100,0,0,200)),

pick(match(dim,'A','B','C'),ARGB(200,200,0,0),ARGB(200,0,200,0),ARGB(200,0,0,200)))

but you should be able to find a more dynamic way of assigning color and alpha value

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

"if you dont youll have a hard time ordering JAN, FEB, MAR.."

You can sort by expression

under sorting >> sort by Expression >> =MonthNum

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.