cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HI6
Contributor III
Contributor III

Column CreatorDoc is missing from XML view of QVD in Qlik Sense February 2024

Column CreatorDoc is missing from XML view of QVD in Qlik Sense February 2024.

After upgrading to February 2024 Patch 3 from May 2023 Patch 6. 
We have a small issue with the upgrade, this would hinder our ability to effectively troubleshoot some of the issues:

In some scenarios we would need to know the name of the app that creates QVD's as we have many extract and transform app, In the previous version we had a column "CreatorDoc" under XML view of QVD, this column stores the app id of the app that created QVD. This is no longer available in the new version. Is there any workaround or options?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HI6
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Response from Qlik Support:

"I have confirmed with R&D and it's a bug that the fix will be included in the next release of Qlik Sense, so that will be Qlik Sense November 2024.

In the meantime, there is a workaround for this issue, set format-spec to (qvd) will create the file with a valid 'creatordoc' tag.
For example:
STORE tablename INTO [lib://connectionname/xxxxx.qvd](qvd);

I hope this helps and please let me know if you are happy with this workaround."

View solution in original post

6 Replies
shaun_lombard
Creator II
Creator II

Have you tried adding it back into the LOAD statement?

Another thing to check is to open the QVD file in an editor like Notepad ++ and checking if the field is present in the XML.

Solen_Socamaine
Contributor
Contributor

feb 2024 patch4 CreatorDoc also missing.

PeterSnares
Contributor
Contributor

We have the same issue after just updating to Feb 2024 and yes we did double check and try to manually add the field but it doesn't exist.

For us this is an essential piece of information when problem solving.

shaun_lombard
Creator II
Creator II

I assume the Allow Data Lineage option is ticked in your environment, not that it should matter because it should not impact the QvdTableHeader tags.

shaun_lombard_0-1716437277880.png

shaun_lombard
Creator II
Creator II

It is also missing in May 2024. You will have to raise a support case.

HI6
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Response from Qlik Support:

"I have confirmed with R&D and it's a bug that the fix will be included in the next release of Qlik Sense, so that will be Qlik Sense November 2024.

In the meantime, there is a workaround for this issue, set format-spec to (qvd) will create the file with a valid 'creatordoc' tag.
For example:
STORE tablename INTO [lib://connectionname/xxxxx.qvd](qvd);

I hope this helps and please let me know if you are happy with this workaround."