Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Todd_D
Contributor II
Contributor II

Add a URL to a dimension to open a second app and have it apply a filter in the second app with the value from the first app

Hello,

I have a dimension with the representation set to "Link" and Link Setting set to "URL".  The URL opens another Qlik sense app.  Is there a way to take the value that was clicked on in the first app and use it to apply a filter in the second app?

For example, There is a customers name in a dimension field.  I want users to click on that name and have Qlik Sense go to another app and filter for that customer.

Is this possible inside Qlik Sense, i.e. without using a mashup, etc?

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

It worked for me like this(replace your server name in below URL) - 

='https://edge.premisehealth.com/okta/sense/app/31aac01d-8f4f-4529-848f-8571c8a2e095/sheet/
e8741182-1e17-4444-8291-d9aacf5669ed/select/Client Name/$(=[Client Name])'

Todd_D
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It tells me "A field you are trying to make a selection in could not be found.  The selection has not been applied."  

Here is how I interpreted the URL you gave me (I am including the square brackets):

='https://edge.premisehealth.com/okta/sense/app/31aac01d-8f4f-4529-848f-8571c8a2e095/sheet/
e8741182-1e17-4444-8291-d9aacf5669ed/select/[Targeted field in the second report I am trying to apply the filter to]/$(=[Name of the field in the first report])'

Digvijay_Singh

No, field name should be same in both the apps, after 'Select/' first part is name of the field and 2nd part is the value it automatically picks when you click the link, '$(=[Client Name])' will return the value you selected in the Client Name dimension. Your 2nd app must have field with the name 'Client Name'(in your case it could be different name) and when that 2nd app is opened it will make selection while opening the app.

Also update the App ID and Sheet ID in the URL I shared, they should indicate your app and sheet id inside that app.