• 149,926 Solutions
Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT

Welcome to Qlik Community

Recent Discussions

• forum

App Development

Qlik Sense Pivot vs QlikView Pivot

Hi, we are porting some QlikView apps to Qlik Sense and noticed some differences and limits between the QlikView pivot and the Qlik Sense Pivot.   In ... Show More

Hi,

we are porting some QlikView apps to Qlik Sense and noticed some differences and limits between the QlikView pivot and the Qlik Sense Pivot.

In fact in Qlik Sense I found two pivot objects, the Charts pivot and the Visualization Bundle pivot.

Their behaviour is somewhat different.

Any suggestion regarding which one should be used (considering the posts in the ideation portal I would choose the Visualization one)?

Both charts have the option to expand/collapse all dimensions, while the QlikView pivot allows to collapse/expand individual dimensions.

Considering the level of analysis our users perform the lack of this feature is limiting.

Any suggestion or workaround about this missiong feature?

Regards

Fabiano

Show Less
  • forum

Move to SaaS

Qlik Application Automation - Assign a user automatically to a managed space and...

Hello,   Would it possible to use an automation to assign a user or group of user to a managed space and to assign one of the following permission rol... Show More

Hello,

Would it possible to use an automation to assign a user or group of user to a managed space and to assign one of the following permission role :

(Can viewCan editCan edit data in apps, or Can consume data)

Thank you

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Match sort not working as anticipated

I have two tables which need to be sorted in a specific order.  One table I've managed to sort but the second doesn't seem to want to despite doing ex... Show More

I have two tables which need to be sorted in a specific order.  One table I've managed to sort but the second doesn't seem to want to despite doing exactly the same thing - albeit with different fields. Can anyone spot why this might be?

I've check spellings and spaces so it's not that?

How the table is appearing (note some of the items are off the page):

orangebloss_0-1716283743503.png

orangebloss_1-1716283795383.png

Match statement:

orangebloss_2-1716283830390.png

The table that is sorting correctly is set up as below:

orangebloss_3-1716283930491.pngorangebloss_4-1716283946400.png

orangebloss_5-1716283976106.png

**EDIT: I've noticed that one of the fields in the first table is also in the wrong place, but only one 'Mods due to other reasons' any insight much appreciated!

Show Less
  • forum

Integration, Extension & APIs

All Extensions broken "Invalid Visualization"

Good day, ever since this morning. Our SAAS seems to not work with any extensions, all extensions when pulled into the Sheet canvas give us "Invalid V... Show More

Good day, ever since this morning. Our SAAS seems to not work with any extensions, all extensions when pulled into the Sheet canvas give us "Invalid Visualization".

Might this be an issue cuased by a Qlik global update?

Show Less
  • forum

QlikView App Dev

convert column name to upper case

Hi all,Hope all having great weekend.I'm reading data from multiple xls(100+) files by using a loop. Problem:1. case of column names is inconsistent s... Show More

Hi all,

Hope all having great weekend.

I'm reading data from multiple xls(100+) files by using a loop.

Problem:

1. case of column names is inconsistent so while concatenating data from each file it creating multiple columns.

Ex: State (from first xls) , state(from second xls) is bought into 2 different columns instead of one due to case inconsistent in xls files.

I tried "Force case upper" but it is converting data to upper case.

Thanks

Ranjith

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Qlick sense expand chart option not coming

I was earlier getting to expand my sheets in qlik sense but now i am not getting option to expand my sheet. Earlier when i used to take my cursor on m... Show More

I was earlier getting to expand my sheets in qlik sense but now i am not getting option to expand my sheet. Earlier when i used to take my cursor on my charts i was getting an arrow which would expand my particular chart and fill the complete screen by that chart .But now after i made some changes i am not getting that option. Can you please tell how can i get that option back?

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Store values of corresponding fields of selected row in variable

Hi, Can we select the row in one click in qlik sense. whenever a user clicks on any row value in the table, the corresponding field values will be sto... Show More

Hi,

Can we select the row in one click in qlik sense. whenever a user clicks on any row value in the table, the corresponding field values will be stored in the variable. and will use this variables as filter for another graph. (I know I can achieve this using set analysis.) but how can i store field values of selected row. if i click any dimension value, it selects only this individual value and ,measure values are not selectable in table.

another thing is I have to show all date values after the selected date. 

Can we achieve this in Qlik Sense, any Suggestion please reply.

Thanks,

Show Less
  • forum

Move to SaaS

Error calling endpoint "Qlik Cloud Services - Get App"

Hey guys, Build an automation that auto save delated apps, but I'm getting this error; error: Error calling endpoint "Qlik Cloud Services - Get Ap... Show More

Hey guys,

Build an automation that auto save delated apps, but I'm getting this error;

error:
    Error calling endpoint "Qlik Cloud Services - Get App"

endpoint
    name:
    Get App
    datasource:
    Qlik Cloud Services

request
    url:
    https://{domain}/api/v1/apps/example_915bbd67-2d82-41df-95d0-bbedf6444e7d
    method:
    GET

response
    external error:
    true
    ;

Any thoughts will be helpful ,
    Thank You !
    Show Less
  • forum

App Development

Find the Overlap Call in the Same Day and Same Customer

Hi All, I need to display the overlap call on same day and same customer with different positionid. For example, we have four calls for two days. But ... Show More

Hi All,

I need to display the overlap call on same day and same customer with different positionid. For example, we have four calls for two days. But we need to display the overlap call (light orange highlighted) in the output.

One positionid started the call with the customer at 9:30 AM whereas different position cannot start the call with same customer. We need to find this type of scenarios.

dineshm030_0-1716296796907.png

Thanks in advance.

QlikView Qlik Sense Desktop @sunny_talwar @MayilVahanan 

Show Less
  • forum

App Development

Bug report: Outer set expression is not inherited if 1) the outset set expressio...

I would like to report what I believe is a bug in inner and outer set expressions feature (May 2023 patch 1), not sure if this forum can be a suitable... Show More

I would like to report what I believe is a bug in inner and outer set expressions feature (May 2023 patch 1), not sure if this forum can be a suitable location.

Given the the script, 

Fruits:
    LOAD * Inline [
    Type,Color,Quantity
    apple,green,1
    apple,green,1
    apple,green,1
    orange,orange,1
    orange,orange,1
    ];

Consider the below formulae outputs, where we select apples (which exist in the data set) and kiwis (which do not exist):

Sum({<Type={'apple'}, Color={'green'}>} Quantity)
    3 OK
    {<Type={'apple'}>} Sum({<Color={'green'}>} Quantity)
    3 OK
    {<Type={'apple'}, Color={'green'}>} Sum(Quantity)
    3 OK
    Sum({<Type={'kiwi'}, Color={'green'}>} Quantity)
    0 OK
    {<Type={'kiwi'}>} Sum( {<Color={'green'}>} Quantity)
    3 WRONG!! The outer set analysis is not inherited!
    {<Type={'kiwi'}, Color={'green'}>} Sum(Quantity)

OK

Sum({<Type={'orange'}, Color={'green'}>} Quantity)

OK

{<Type={'orange'}>} Sum( {<Color={'green'}>} Quantity)

OK

{<Type={'orange'}, Color={'green'}>} Sum(Quantity)

OK

Sum({<Type={'kiwi'}>} Quantity)

OK

{<Type={'kiwi'}>} Sum( Quantity)

OK

As per the results above: outer set expression is not inherited if

1. the outset set expression selects an inexistant value,
    2. there is an inner set expression

Could someone confirm this is indeed a bug and whether it has already been fixed in the recent version? Thanks!

Show Less
Leaderboard

Customer Story

Accelerating Decision-Making with Qlik Insights

Qlik enhances decision-making with high-speed insights, as Mayborn Group integrates data from various functions across their global operations, gaining a competitive edge in the childcare industry.

Customer Story

Efficiency in Agriculture: Nortera's Qlik Triumph

Nortera leads agricultural manufacturing analytics and automation with Qlik, reducing short-shipment rates and annual savings in water consumption.

Customer Story

Revolutionizing aircraft production through Data Analytics

Qlik Data Integration transforms Airbus' aircraft production, leading to over 150 replication tasks and informing more efficient analysis.

Location and Language Groups

Choose a Group

Join one of our Location and Language groups. Find one that suits you today!

Collaborate

Healthcare User Group

Healthcare User Group

A private group is for healthcare organizations, partners, and Qlik healthcare staff to collaborate and share insights..

All are welcome

Japan Group

Japan

Qlik Communityの日本語のグループです。 Qlik製品に関する日本語資料のダウンロードや質問を日本語で投稿することができます。

Request to join

Brasil Group

Brazil

Welcome to the group for Brazil users. .All discussions will be in Portuguese.

open to all

Blogs

Community News

Hear from your Community team as they tell you about updates to the Qlik Community Platform and more!