• 150,079 Solutions
Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT

Welcome to Qlik Community

Recent Discussions

• forum

Deployment & Management

Remove ridiculous new user 'Welcome' questionnaire

We have an OEM deployment of Qlik SaaS, using an IdP and whenever user's login for the first time they get this ridiculous questionnaire/prompt The pr... Show More

We have an OEM deployment of Qlik SaaS, using an IdP and whenever user's login for the first time they get this ridiculous questionnaire/prompt

The prompt:

1. Cant be closed without answering the questions

2. Asks questions that most business users don't know the answers to

3. Makes it a nightmare for a neat, nice user onboarding experience

lachlanwcast_0-1717385318086.png

Why can't this be disabled? ESPECIALLY for tenants that are OEM/managed by a 3rd party

Getting very frustrated at all the changes Qlik have been making with Cloud and this just makes it even worse....How did something like this get past Qlik UX testing? Understand the information provided could be useful for internal analytics but it frustrates the users (and admins of the product) - if the goal is to get Qlik Cloud to be an enterprise product (just like SaaS client-managed) take a look at how this affects sysadmins

Show Less
  • forum

Qlik Reporting Service

Export screen

I would like to export the entire screen which contains several visualizations as image or directly as power point slide.Any hint?
  • forum

Data Quality, Preparation & Stewardship

Does anyone use JSON files as a database? Best practises? Or should I use a "rea...

I've been using JSON files to store data since I began learning Node, but I'm now working on big projects so I need 0% chance of losing data. I had a ... Show More

I've been using JSON files to store data since I began learning Node, but I'm now working on big projects so I need 0% chance of losing data.

I had a problem where Node crashed while writing to a file and I was left with half a JSON file, but I guess this can be solved by writing to a temp file first and then moving it to where the original file is.

I like how easy it is to just use JSON files as databases. I can very easily read data, amend it, and save it in one line each. No packages to install and learn how to use. I try to use no NPM packages where possible because I like learning how to do things myself and time isn't an issue and I'm the only one working on these projects.

I also read a comment by someone who makes directories for arrays and individual files for objects instead of using one single JSON file per table.

If someone could enlighten me on why JSON files might not be a good idea for production, or if there are some things I should know before doing this, that would be really helpful.

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Executing the advanced search with more than one wildcard

From a table with over 4000 entries, I would have to find those that contain either the string *name1* OR the string *name2* OR 'name3'. The table has... Show More

From a table with over 4000 entries, I would have to find those that contain either the string *name1* OR the string *name2* OR 'name3'.
    The table has the following values:
    Value1: Name1/Name2
    Value2: Name3/Name4
    Value3: Name1/Name3
    Value4: Name4/Name2
    Value5: Name3/Name3
    All combinations are possible, whereby each name can be at the beginning or end of the string.
    Name1 Name2 finds value1 because the value starts with Name1.
    Name2 does not find a result.
    I would actually have to search for *Name1* *Name3* *Name4*. Unfortunately, this does not work with the wildcards. How can I combine several searches with wildcards like a OR combination?

Many thanks for your help.
    Regards

Matthias

Show Less
  • forum

Qlik Cloud Data Integration

use rowStruct in routines

Hello, When I try to import my row strutues in my routines, I have an error "import projectName cannot be solved"   package routines; import projectNa... Show More

Hello,

When I try to import my row strutues in my routines, I have an error "import projectName cannot be solved"

package routines;

import projectName.JobName_0_1.jobName.row1Struct;

public class myClass {

}

can someone help me ?

Thanks & Regards

Show Less
  • forum

Qlik Application Automation

Want to load table within a loop

Hello Experts, I have a requirement in which I want to load a table again and again for the loop. let vStartYear = Year(Date(AddYears(Today(),-1),'YYY... Show More

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement in which I want to load a table again and again for the loop.

let vStartYear = Year(Date(AddYears(Today(),-1),'YYYY-MM-DD'));

let vEndYear = Year(Date(AddYears(Today(),+1),'YYYY-MM-DD'));

do

NoConcatenate//Base to start
    BasePop_Temp:
    Load
    Distinct
    Com_Num_Base,
    CompNumExist,
     PlT_Base,
    EffDt_Bae,
    ExpDt_Base,
    Prd_Line_Base,
    'Base' as Flag_Base,
    Com_Num_Base&'-'&month(EffDt_Bae)&'-'&Prd_Line_Base as RenKey

Resident Table1 Where Year(Prd_Line_Base) = '$(vStartYear)';

NoConcatenate
    BasePop: //next year
    Load
    Distinct

Com_Num_Base,
    CompNumExist,
     PlT_Base,
    EffDt_Bae,
    ExpDt_Base,
    Prd_Line_Base,
    'Ren' as Flag_Base,
    Com_Num_Base&'-'&Prd_Line_Base as EnhaceKey

Resident Table1 Where Year(EffDt_Bae) = '$(vStartYear)'+1 and Exists(RenKey,Com_Num_Base&'-'&Prd_Line_Base);

I want to load BasePop, which loads for each year to concatenate one after the other for each year.

Thanks in advance

Ferha

Show Less
  • forum

Design and Development

Limitation in JSON length when using POST in tRestClient in Talend

Hi All,   Is there any limitation in JSON length when using POST in tRestClient in Talend? I am facing "Content length must be specified" error. JSON ... Show More

Hi All,

Is there any limitation in JSON length when using POST in tRestClient in Talend?

I am facing "Content length must be specified" error.

JSON which I am passing have 5389 lengths.

Can you please provide work around to resolve the issue? Also Is there any max content type of length to be passed? 

Thanks

Shilpa

Show Less
  • forum

Deployment & Management

Qliksense Hub not loading - Began after update to February 2023 Instance

15 users and 2 developers have reported that they receive the below loading screen indefinitely as they attempt to enter the Qliksense Hub.  Our admin... Show More

15 users and 2 developers have reported that they receive the below loading screen indefinitely as they attempt to enter the Qliksense Hub.  Our administrators have advised us do the following:

• remove everything in the URL after "....com/hub/"
    • Clear browser cache
    • Open the link in an incognito window

All of these solutions work intermittently. Sometimes by switching internet browsers, from Chrome to Edge for example, one can fix the issue. But then it will reappear the following day where it worked the day before. 

I wonder if it is an issue with our authentication -- which I know uses a VPN with SSO for users to enter. We started having this problem after we updated to the February 2023 Instance from the May 2021 Instance. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any advice you can offer besides those already mentioned?

QLik Error.png

Show Less
  • forum

Design and Development

[resolved] 411 Length Required Exception in tRestClient Component

Hi All, I got an error while sending a post request using tRestClient with the content-type and accept type are application/json.But when I try to se... Show More
    Hi All,
    I got an error while sending a post request using tRestClient with the content-type and accept type are application/json.But when I try to send the same request with tRest component it's working fine.what could be the reason why I'm not able do the same request with the tRestClient component?
    Because in tRest component I only get the error code but with the tRestClient component I also get error message including error code.So I can handle the exceptions very easily.
    I tried with and wthout Content-Length header and in both the cases getting the same exception.
    Attached the screen shot for your reference.
    Can any one please help me on this?

Out bound message on console :

In bound message on console :

Thanks
    Sayagoud Ravelly Show Less
  • forum

App Development

Display dynamic image from URL in QlikCloud SaaS

Hello, I want to show an image based in a URL in my dashboard. I used to do it in QlikView with the text box sheet object and it still works today: M... Show More

Hello, I want to show an image based in a URL in my dashboard.

I used to do it in QlikView with the text box sheet object and it still works today:

dagosto_0-1717420481727.png

Maybe an extension? I have tried mediabox, but it didn´t work.

Thanks in advance

Fernando

Show Less
Leaderboard

Customer Story

Accelerating Decision-Making with Qlik Insights

Qlik enhances decision-making with high-speed insights, as Mayborn Group integrates data from various functions across their global operations, gaining a competitive edge in the childcare industry.

Customer Story

Efficiency in Agriculture: Nortera's Qlik Triumph

Nortera leads agricultural manufacturing analytics and automation with Qlik, reducing short-shipment rates and annual savings in water consumption.

Customer Story

Revolutionizing aircraft production through Data Analytics

Qlik Data Integration transforms Airbus' aircraft production, leading to over 150 replication tasks and informing more efficient analysis.

Location and Language Groups

Choose a Group

Join one of our Location and Language groups. Find one that suits you today!

Collaborate

Healthcare User Group

Healthcare User Group

A private group is for healthcare organizations, partners, and Qlik healthcare staff to collaborate and share insights..

All are welcome

Japan Group

Japan

Qlik Communityの日本語のグループです。 Qlik製品に関する日本語資料のダウンロードや質問を日本語で投稿することができます。

Request to join

Brasil Group

Brazil

Welcome to the group for Brazil users. .All discussions will be in Portuguese.

open to all

Blogs

Community News

Hear from your Community team as they tell you about updates to the Qlik Community Platform and more!