Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show only white (active) values in listbox

Hi All,

See, i have a list box showing all survey ids in my dashboad. Now when i do some selections, only those survey ids which are relevent to the selections will be seen in white and others will be in gray..yes, expected behaviour of qlikview.

Have a look at the below states of the mentioned list box..

SurveysIssue.bmp

Here , the figure 1 shows the default view of the list box when no selection is made.

Figure 2 shows the state of the listbox when some selections are made..see the scroll bar position, I have to scroll all the way towards right passing all grayed out surveys to find the relevent ones (in white) for the current selection.

Now my requirement is that, when I do some selections in other filters, i want to see only the active survey ids for that selection, in this list box. That means, I dont want to see gray color in this list box anytime.

There is an option in the list box properties which says 'Hide Excluded' ..i tried this, and when that option is enabled, the excluded survey ids are no longer shown but the vast area of gray option still exists making me to scroll all the way towards right to find the active survey ids. See in figure 3

Do anyone have any suggestion to help me achive my requirement?

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Alex ,

The explanation was clear enough. Thanks a tonne for your time and patience.

P (possible) function was a new information to me.

Much Regards,

Vishnu

Not applicable
Author

Hi, This worked for me too!

Many thanks

berndjaegle
Creator II
Creator II

Thanks for this solution. Works fine for me, too. Would be nice to have this as "built in" operation in the QlikView cleint.

nathanwright
Contributor II
Contributor II

This works perfectly. Cheers!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alex,

Your logic gave me some hope. thanks a ton.

As per my requirement i need to do it in the same way but have to check "Always one selected value".

Any idea how to achieve this?? I am trying to write this expression in script editor but its not allowing me to do so.

Thanks

Walter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Walter,

You need "Always one selected value" on the listbox you wrote this?

=aggr(only({<SAMPLE= P(SAMPLE)>}DATA),DATA)  //let's call this listbox A

or to other listbox related to listbox A?

Regards,

Alex

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for the reply. But its giving me the same scenario like previous logic.

Can we write the expression in the Script Editor??

Thanks for your time.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alexis,

I tried your syntax with the P(), but still getting all the data.

I am trying to show the Months only related to my other selections. Could you please help me to rephrase the formula which you written...

=aggr(only({<Fiscal_Month=P(Fiscal_Month)>}Fiscal_Month), Fiscal_Month)

Could you please correct my above formula.

Kind Regards,

Balaji R