Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

RFC_COMMUNICATE_FAILURE (to SAP)

Hi!

A customers located in US have an QV Server with an existing QvSAPConnector to the SAP

Now that installation should be moved to Sweden and I'm trying to setup the installation in Sweden. When I'm trying to connect to SAP I received the following error and I'm not shore where the "error is"

Have anyone an idea what could be wrong or what we should check?

The personal that handle the firewall etc says the IP and ports are open correct.

error loading image

21 Replies
Not applicable

We use SAP BASIS 7.00 and SAP QVC 5.40

Not applicable

Are these your transports which you imported in SAP?

Normal 0 21 false false false DE X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

1.1.1 SAP BASIS system 6.40 and 7.00

For these systems, the following transports should be installed on the SAP System:

1) E6DK900064 (Data extraction)

2) E6DK900051 (User profile)

The transports must be installed in the above order. The first is cross-client; the second transport is client-specific and has to be installed in all clients where it is intended to be used.

If these are the transports and still it is not working? Then the transports are not installed in the above order.

Bestthing you can do is import the transports correctly in the above order.It must overwrite the existing ones.

Regards

Sravan

Not applicable

Yes, i have requested my SAP team to do in the order. I'm waiting for their reply.

suniljain
Master
Master

are you solved this issue or what ?

Not applicable

Hi Sunil,

No, not yet.
I'm still waiting for their reply. Thery are located in US, hence the time gap.
Before using Qlikview connector, should i test with Std GUI?.
I'm still facing the RFC Communcation Failure problem and i hope he face transporter installation Problem.

Do you have any documentation for Configuring/Administration for SAP system, which can help me.

Regards,
Srini.

suniljain
Master
Master

Can I know whether SAP Basis person assigned required authorization to qlikview user id through which you are extracting data.?.

Not applicable

He created a seperate user to access the SAP and given that credentials to me.
But in documentation, they have mentioned QV user should be provided QTQVCACCESS. Unless we install the transporter in SAP system, we can't able to create the user with the role.

First i can't able to connect the SAP system. I get this RFC problem.

Not applicable

Hi,

how many network cards u have on your qlikview server? If you have more than one and one of them are disabled, then you need to check the order of those network cards.

it seems there is a problem with the communication of QV and sap system..

one more thing is that, from my previous expirences, may be the version of SAP's librfc32.dll is older. keep this option also in your mind.

BR

Not applicable

Hi, i can able to connect the SAP system using SAP Front End.

But when i try to Connect using QV i get RFC Error.

Not applicable

Hi,

One thing i forgot to tell you.
We have SAP system in US and our IT support created another IP to connect the SAP system.
Is there any problem in this access method?

Regards,
Srini.