Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Creating a Report and Using PDF Distribution

This video will show how to create a report in QlikView and use QlikView Publisher and QlikView PDF Distribution to send individual reports to recipients

39 Replies
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee
Author

Yes. When creating a task you can select manual distribution.  From there you can list the email address(es) you'd like to distribute to.

Not applicable

I could not understand this!

Not applicable

Josh, thanks for the video.  We have a distribution job setup but running into the below data issue..

We have a recipient that belongs to a region.  If we reduce the data to a recipient the report looks ok in access-point but when we get to reduce & distribute the report, we see the same numbers in the region bar as we see in the individual recipient bar.  We use a trigger to select the region for the recipient when the selection is made on the recipient.

Sample Data : 

Individual                Region

xyz@del.com         Americas

abc@del.com        Americas

123@del.com        EMEA

Issue : when we select email address xyz@del.com, we are seeing the data in access point as 1, 2 (individual, region) , but when we distribute we see 1, 1 (individual, region).

Any help is appreciated.

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi Satish,

This has me stumped.  From the info you have provided I would think either there is something in your setup that is causing this or there is a bug.   I would recommend you do two thing.  1.  Log a support case and 2. repost your question above as a new post to give it prominence in the discussions.

-Josh

Qlik

Not applicable

Hi Josh,

We contacted Qlik support.  Qlik says that reduction is harsh and it reduces all the data for the individual.  I have also posted as a new discussion item.  I have changed my note a bit so it is little clear..

We have a PDF reduce and distribute job setup but running into a data issue.. It reduces and distributes based on the individual.  Individual belongs to a region. The data in the report looks ok in access-point but when we reduce the data and distribute it , we see the same numbers in the region bar as we see in the individual recipient bar.  When selection is done for the individual a trigger selects the region.

Sample Data : 

Individual                    Region            Value

xyz@del.com         Americas          1

abc@del.com        Americas          1

123@del.com        EMEA                1

Issue : when we select email address xyz@del.com, we are seeing the data in access point as 1, 2 (individual, region) , but when we use reduce and distribute (PDF) gets sent out with 1, 1 (individual, region).  It appears it is not expanding on the region and doing a harsh reduction on the individual thus providing same counts for individual and region.  I am expecting to see the same data in PDF file (email) as I see in the access-point report when I do the selections.  Is it not the case ?

Thanks much

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Look at the attach documents and qvw. This work without issue for me.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for replying Bill.  I reviewed the QVW you attached.  I was able to create my own simple usecase.  I am reducing the data based on the user and distributing it based on the email address.  I have tested in our environment..

I get the individual PDF report distributed.  The region count is 1 in the PDF distribution.  I am expecting it to be 2.  It shows correctly in access-point as 2.

I have changed the email addresses in my QVW attached to some dummy email addresses.  Thanks!

woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

Is it possible which mails are send? Is the only option to see check this in the log file(s)? I have not the option to see something in Outlook in the sent folder.

Regards,
Wouter

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

very helpful and informative

thanks a lot

beck

Explorer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,