cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Drill through Reporting requirement

Hi,

I am new to Qlickview and I have drill through reporting requirement

I need to implement the drill through report (From the summery report to the detailed report)

Eg We have summery report with following aggregated info 

Region                Sales

India                      10000

Chaina                   40000

Malaysia                 5000

And current selection in the summery reports is Year = 2014

When we click on the Sale summery of particular region then the associated detail report should launch

Ie

Region   Product   price   quantity

India       Prod 1   10         2

India       Prod 2   5          4

India       Prod 1   7          4  etc

Please provide the step by step process to implement the same in word document (I am using the Qlickview personal server)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

You could use the function getselectedcount(Region) as well.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can you send me some sample data?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the help .I have attached the sample data for your reference

PolicyInfo TAB :- Row Data for the report

Summery TAB : - Summery by Region

Detailed TAB  :- Expected detailed report when we click on particular region

Not applicable
Author

Try this

I use sum(ANP) as the expression and put all the demensions in, I then do a conditional show on all the demensions but Region of count(distinct Region)=1 (see attached)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your quick response. It would be great if you can provide me screen capture (Screen shots) for the steps which you followed in test1.qvw (since I am using Qlick View personal edition and I can’t open file from my PC)

Not applicable
Author

Create a straight table with all your demensions except ANP in it (as per your detail example):

Capture.PNG.png

On every Demension but the region tick the Enable condition and enter this 

count(distinct  [Region Code]) = 1

Capture.PNG.png

Expression as below:

Capture.PNG.png

This will create a table that when no region is selected will show you sales by region but once you select a region it will epand to show you each demension and hence the detail level.

Not applicable
Author

Did this work ok for you?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help. I have tried the steps and Its enabled me for the drill down option ie. when we click on the region all other attributes displayed .I would require kind of navigation to the new qvw file with all row level information (Since the summery report layout will have other summery information other than the region & ANP so it can’t accommodate entire field level info in the same report)

Not applicable
Author

Is there any option to launch new report from summery with current field selection

Not applicable
Author

yes you create 2 charts with a conditional show option with the same criteria as I used for the demensions

Capture.PNG.png