Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Inline Table Example

New user to QlikView, and I need to create a simple Inline table.

We have a Territory field that is imported from our ERP system, and each territory relates to a Salesman. The users of the report need to be able to select by the Salesman name, so it automatically selects the multiple territories that salesman is associated with.

I've created a test Inline table, no problem, but I'm unsure how exactly I get this data to filter in QlikView via the listbox selection above the pivot table?

Example Inline Data that I've used as a test:

LOAD * INLINE [
territ, Salesman
1, Jim McGeorge
6, Gareth Jones

65, Gareth Jones

3D, Jim McGeorge

2C, Francine Killey
];

There's a listbox above the pivot table data on the report itself, in which I've got all the territories listed and this works fine. How I turn this listbox so that it references and filters by the above inline table is what has me stumped.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Make sure that the territory-field in your inline-table matches your territory-field from the ERP system.
They need to be named exactly the same. That way, QV will connect these two tables and you will be able to filter on Salesman.

/Fredrik

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Make sure that the territory-field in your inline-table matches your territory-field from the ERP system.
They need to be named exactly the same. That way, QV will connect these two tables and you will be able to filter on Salesman.

/Fredrik

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Fredrik,

I did actually try that earlier today, but I thought it had caused the Territory field to get overwritten when I reloaded the data (as it changed the field choices), so I didn't check it in the list box. Just done it again, and it works like a dream.

Thanks
Dave