Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Is it possible to send email alerts from qlikview QEMC

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to send email alerts whenever a task running in QEMC is finnished or failed...

If it is possible, how could we do that.. or if it is not possible is there any other way to acomplish this kind of requirement...

Please help me out...

Thanks

26 Replies
manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

No. QEMC configuration settings are global and failure notifications can't be controlled for individual task. However, there are 'out of the box' workarounds by including batch script in QV Script and takes time and effort.

Not applicable

Can it be done without the Publisher license? Through QV server only?

Not applicable

Hi Sneha, Without publisher license there are very limited reload functionalists available. However if you want to get alert mail after reload failure there are other work-arounds but not pre built functionality

1. As Monoj suggest above, create a windows batch script to monitor the last refresh time. Send mail if the reload gets fail.

2. Check this link by Rob Wunderlich: http://qlikviewcookbook.com/recipes/?download_search=email

you can send email alert post reload. I am not sure if this gets triggered if the reload gets fail but at least you can get successful reload alerts.

Hope this helps.

Anosh

Not applicable

3. There is another way to implement the solution using a separate file age monitor qvw. which you can schedule to reload on QMC very frequently.

Rob Wunderlich has implemented this: http://community.qlik.com/thread/81483

Not applicable

Thanks Anosh for quick reply. I actually want to send the alert when some value changes or more precisely when particular value exceed some threshold value. And i have to send it this alert to particular concerned person that his interest is value id getting exceeded to take some action. So in my case I have to do it after each reload right?

So  I m trying to set up the alert from the document itself as Rob mentioned in

Search Recipes | Qlikview Cookbook

Do I need something else for this?

Not applicable

Hi Sneha, You are going into correct direction.

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 12:51 AM, Sneha Topre <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com>

Not applicable

I had tried conencting to the ofiice outlook and gmail also. Its not able to send the mail to either of the mail account. Is there any setting needs to be done from QMC or mail account side?