Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

jmeter: multiple sessions

Hi,

using QVScriptGenTool I realized my jmeter script.

Testing with 50 threads (users), I find in session log a lot of messages like  "Killed because Named User Cal was needed from another client". Every thread interrupts started session.

In Qlikview server we have only Named User CALs and Document CALs.

NTFS authorization is required.

Different logins ,added using HTTP Authorization manager, are not used. Only the login of user that run jmeter is used.

Someone launched the script with more contemporary sessions in qv10?

20 Replies
Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

Important to know is that jmeter will run with your credentials, whiich means that all users will be seen as being the same user if NTLM is used. That can become an issue when multiple virtual users are created as sessions will interfere with each other (they are all using the same session due to being same user).

If you have a lot of sessions CALs and these are consumed then it will be fine as each session will be independent, however the amount of session CALs are usually quite limited in an environment.

So the recomendation from our part is to use headers as this allows you to consume for example named CALs by sending in those users as headers

Cheers

/sebastian