Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Management Console

I'm currently running QlikView Server 8.5. When I log into the QlikView Server Management Console on my server and view the Install tab, the ExeType under Server Status reads "You are not authorized". I also receive a message "You are not an authorized user" when I click on the Administration tab.

I'm just wondering if this has to do with my license? Or would there be something else causing this issue?

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure if I'm on the current version. When I open QlikView Server Management Console and click the Version button is shows I'm on version 8.50.6326.5

If that is not the most current version do you know where I could get the latest?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

You have Server SR6 which is the latest version. What is your Publisher version?

Not applicable
Author

Wow, I just figured it out. Kerberos. My Admin AD account, which I used to install QlikView Server, is apparently apart of too many AD groups. I logged into the server under a different admin account which is only apart of a couple of AD groups and then started the service and it worked fine. I'm going to be creating service accounts to install and run the service(s) under, who are local admins on the server, which was my plan all along. I was trying to get it installed under my admin account just to get a feel of the install, how difficult it was, etc. Apparently I should've just used the service accounts from the beginning. I'm really sorry for wasting your time but I do appreciate all the help.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Wow, never would have guess that would be the issue 🙂 Glad you figured it out!

Take care,