Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Management Console

I'm currently running QlikView Server 8.5. When I log into the QlikView Server Management Console on my server and view the Install tab, the ExeType under Server Status reads "You are not authorized". I also receive a message "You are not an authorized user" when I click on the Administration tab.

I'm just wondering if this has to do with my license? Or would there be something else causing this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Wow, I just figured it out. Kerberos. My Admin AD account, which I used to install QlikView Server, is apparently apart of too many AD groups. I logged into the server under a different admin account which is only apart of a couple of AD groups and then started the service and it worked fine. I'm going to be creating service accounts to install and run the service(s) under, who are local admins on the server, which was my plan all along. I was trying to get it installed under my admin account just to get a feel of the install, how difficult it was, etc. Apparently I should've just used the service accounts from the beginning. I'm really sorry for wasting your time but I do appreciate all the help.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Are you a member of the Qlikview Administrators group?

Not applicable
Author

No. I noticed the group was created on the server but it was empty so I added my account into the group. However, then I logged off the server and logged back on but when I open Management Console back up I have the same issue...ExeType: You are not authorized.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Try disabling anonymous access to always force Windows Authentication. If you are using IIS, it is important that you disable anonymous access there too (in all virtual directories except Scripts).

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately still no luck. I disabled Anonymous Access in IIS on all virtual directories except Scripts, reset IIS, restarted my QlikView services, but I still get the unauthorized message. 😞

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Are you a local admin? Just asking to make sure your access to files is not being blocked.

To check if this is a license issue, under the Install tab, click License and please paste the contents of the LEF file here (except the first and last lines so your license numbers remain private).

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I am a local admin on the server.

Here is the contents of the LEF file:

NUMBER_OF_USERCALS;30;;
PRODUCTLEVEL;10;;2011-01-01
SPECIAL_EDITION;SAGE;;

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

After investigating this a little, it seems that your problem might be related to ASP. Make sure that both Active Server Pages and ASP.NET have been properly configured in IIS and set to "Allowed'. Also make sure you install the latest .NET Framework updates.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply - I just verified that I have both ASP.NET and Active Server Pages set to Allowed under Web Service Extensions in IIS. I also verified that i have the latest .Net Framework updates installed on the server.

Since I'm using a Virtual Server I was able to have a clone made of the server before I started the QlikView install. So this morning I reverted back to the clone and started over. I installed IIS and .Net Framework including all patches from Microsoft. I then proceeded to install QlikView v8.5. What's strange is that when I first opened QlikView Server Management Console I could start the service just fine. I was also able to go to the Administration tab and see that the QlikView Administrators group was created. It's when I add my user into the users box on that tab that I immediately receive a message on the screen that states: You are not an authorized user. I can see when I open the QlikView Administrators group through Manage Computer that it did add my account into the group. It just doesn't make any sense that it tells me I am not authorized.

If you have any more suggestions please pass them along. Thanks again for your help.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Chad,

The reason I thought this might be ASP related is that the "Not Authorized" error is caused by QvsViewClient.asp when Line 38 (var isAdmin = Request ("admin").Count == 1 && Request ("admin") == "";) is evaluated. Normally, this line should be evaluated as "true" when the user is a local admin and part of the QlikView Administrators group. However, in your case, it's being evaluated as "false." I'm not really sure how to further troubleshoot it if it's an ASP error and your ASP and ASP.NET has been properly configured.

The only other thing I can think of is that this is an instance of Bug 7763, which was resolved by 8.5 SR2. Are you running the latest SR?

Regards,