Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Creating a Report and Using PDF Distribution

This video will show how to create a report in QlikView and use QlikView Publisher and QlikView PDF Distribution to send individual reports to recipients

39 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh

Is it possible to get the PDF filename the same as the report name? I have a qvw with more than one report that I would like to send it via publisher.

The problem however is that the PDF's have the same file name that it gets from the qvw filename.

Kind Regards

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee
Author

Yes you can change the name of the pdf produced.  This is set on the Reduce tab of the task settings.  You can either hard code a name or make the name dynamic based on a loop and reduce.

vikasmahajan

Hii Josh ,

How to show this Generated PDF  files in web portal  ?

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Vikas,

You can no longer do that with Access Point. You could back in earlier version of Qlik.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee
Author

Your only option via the web portal in the current product is to manually run the report in the QVWimage.png

Not applicable

Is the screenshot from Publisher ? As it has the options Reduce & Distribute ?

Is_It_Pub.dib.bmp

Please let me know if my thinking is wrong..

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee
Author

Yes, that image is from an enciornment that has Publisher.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

we followed same method , but we can't received any mail.

Kindly advice me,How solve this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi josh

we followed same method,but we can't get any mail.

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee
Author

Have you connected QlikView to your mail server and confirmed it is connected correctly with a test email?