Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ErikWetterberg

Extension definition file

In QlikView version 11 we have made a few additions to the Definition.xml file for extensions. You find a brief description of the file below. Tags and attributes in bold are new for version 11 and won't work in version 10. The rest is the same for both versions.

Comments

<ExtensionObject  Path="" [Type="object|document"] [Label=""]  [Description=""] [PropertiesPage=""]  [PageWidth=""] [PageHeight=""]>

Type is a new attribute for version 11, type=object is the default

Default PageHeight is 40, default PageWidth is 20. Increase if you want more data.

<Dimension  [Label=""] [Require="" | Prefer=""]  [TargetName=""] [Initial=""] [OtherCounted=""] [Multiple=""] />

Label is for the new automatic property page generation.

Initial means that QlikView will initialize the Dimension.

OtherCounted is to define how many distinct values you want. If you set it to 5 you will get the 4 most frequent values + a 'Other' category.

Multiple is new for Qv 11 SR1. It means the user can add and remove dimensions.

<Measurement [Label=""] [Width=""] [TargetName=""]  [Initial=""] [Multiple=""] />

Label and Width is for v11 property page generator.

Multiple is new for Qv 11 SR1. It means the user can add and remove dimensions.

<Text   [Label=""] [Type="text,checkbox,select,color"]  [Select=""] [SelectLabel=""] [Width=""]  [Expression=""]  />

New attributes are for property page generator. 

<Property  [Name=""] [Value=""] [Type="String|Bool"] />Use it to define properties that should be available server-side, with the GetExtendedProperty() call. 
<Initiate  [Name=""] [Value=""] />  Use to initialize standard QlikView properties, like Caption etc.
<PropertiesPage  [Version="11"] [File=""] /> 

New tag in v11. Use it to have a special propererties.qvpp for version 11. 
</ExtensionObject> 

Property Page Generator

QlikView version 11 uses a new format for qvpp files. To simplify extension development it also includes a property page generator, that can generate property pages you can use as they are or use as a starting point for your new qvpp files. There are a few new attributes for this generator:

Label            Simply a text to use as label in the property page

Type             Choose one of text, select, checkbox or color. Text is the default and will simply create a inputfield. Checkbox will create a checkbox and

color will use the standard QlikView colorpicker. Select will create a HTML select.

Select           Values for your select list. Mandatory if Type is select. Comma separated.

SelectLabel  Labels for your alternative. Comma separated.

Width             Width for your input field, for example "60px"

Multiple          Add support for adding and removing Dimensions/Measures. New in Qv 11 SR 1.

Added Multiple attribute for Dimension and Measure (new for Qv 11 SR1) /Erik Wetterberg

16 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hello,

Currently I'm using version 11 SR2 (11440) and I got the follwing problem using the template.qar file (http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3742)

in the Script.js  I got blank string for the following statement:

var select = _this.Layout.Text0.text.toString();

why?  is this a bug?

I'm expecting to get "select1" or "select2" or "select3" value.

Can somebody help me ?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards

Andrea

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Into Definition.xml Is there any way to simply hide the caption bar?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

I´d like to hide the border too

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Found it:

<Initiate Name="Caption.Show" Value="0" />

<Initiate Name="Layout.Border.Use" Value="0" />

Not applicable

Hi Alexander,

did you find a resolution to your problem:

"Also if you add multiple <Text Label="Lbel" Type="Text" Expression=""/> only the first expression works when you press the icon. I can manually enter text but if I press the icon and get the expression menu it falls apart." ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Martin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andrea, I have the same problem, have u found the answer yet?

Thanks

Not applicable

Hi,

I am developing in the Desktop right now and I acknowledged (maybe it also helps you) that I need to restart QlikView when i made changes in the xml oder qvpp concerning the default values or editing of lines like <Text Label="Lbel" Type="Text" Expression=""/> .

Cheers,

Martin