Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tduarte
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Problem with document/server bookmarks

Hi all,

I have a document in QV10 that allows the user to create up to 5 bookmarks.

The names of the bookmarks are predefined values on the script and are available in a multibox:

- Model1, Model2, Model3, Model4, Model5

The user can then save the bookmark by clicking on a button which calls a macro with this:

selected_model = ActiveDocument.Evaluate("getfieldselections(_Model_bookmark_dropdown)")

ActiveDocument.RemoveDocBookmark selected_model

ActiveDocument.CreateDocBookmark false, selected_model

I'm using the bookmark name so that the user can recreate any of the 5 bookmarks and so that I can use them in set analysis when doing comparisons.

It all works fine in Desktop - when a bookmark is replaced by the user the previous bookmark is removed (bookmark ID changes).

The problem is that this is an online product and on the webserver (AJAX client), it doesn't remove the previous bookmark but it still creates a new one with the same name and a different ID. I can confirm this by going to the QEMC. I need to be able to remove the previous bookmark because it keeps recalling the first that was created with that name.

How can I remove the bookmark using the macro? Any alternatives?

Thanks,

Telmo

14 Replies
tduarte
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi jacq,

I have tested your doc in our server and all works fine. I'm able to save and recall a bookmark using the macros.

This means this could be a server settings issue.

Please check the following on QEMC:

1. Go to System -> Setup -> QVS@yourdomain.com -> Documents and make sure "Allow server bookmarks" is ticked. If you authenticate with Anonymous then also tick "Allow anonymous server bookmarks".

2. Documents -> User Documents -> Test.qvw -> Server Objects and make sure your user is on the list or just select Creators All

Let me know how it goes.

Not applicable

I didn't get what u r saying. Can you tell me where is the settings exists. Here i'm attaching image file, this is what your saying.

tduarte
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

No, those are the documents settings. I'm refering to the Qlikview Server settings that you can access on the Qlikview Enterprise Management Console (QEMC)

If you're logged into the server the URL is http://localhost:4780/qemc otherwise replace localhost by the server IP address or Hostname.

Hope it helps.

Not applicable

Do you know the bug ID for this? I would like to track when it is fixed.

Johan

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

These post are over a year old. If you are running the current Service Release (SR) this should be fixed.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.