Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SR1 - SVN

Has anyone downloaded QV11 SR1 and played with the SVN interface?

James

27 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi John,

Echoing Brian Garland's comments - I would definitely like the ability to save the QVW binary (deflated) in the source code repository. I understand that theoretically that isn't really necessary. But I've found plenty of times where it's been a "last resort" to have a version-controlled binary tucked-away in a safe spot.

A feature request I would look for is a toggle switch that allows "Include Binary In Repository." And naturally I would look for the feature to automatically reduce all data from the QVW.

Tks,

Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

James, Did you get a response about the Field Event Trigger issue with SVN? I found the same behavior and it's a show stopper for me to use version control.

Is there a work around?

Not applicable
Author

No.

We store the empty binary .qvw along with the export xml files

James

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How do you empty the binary .qvw before storing in svn? Is it a manual perging of data in QlikView, save, and syncing file manually to SVN outside QlikView?

Not applicable
Author

In the post commit script, the size of the file is checked and the commit is rejected if it is over 1 meg.  This is a basic size - the thought being that most documents would be over 1 meg (with data).

The developer then has to use the reduce all function, save the empty file, and commit the .qvw document.

Not ideal, but it works.

James

bvanderzanden
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

James-

I downloaded the latest version of VisualSVN, and TortoiseSVN and am having the merge issue.

Did you have to use release 2.1.11 of VisualSVN Server? 

I've found athe 1.6.16 version of TortoiseSVN, but not an earlier version of VisualSVN.

Thx.

Brian VZ

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I can confirm this is still an issue in Qv11.2 SR1.  Has anyone found a solution or is there any movement from QvSupport?  This is a pretty decent bug to deal with.  I have a developer ready to pull his hair out since every time he checks-in his changes, POOF!  Triggers are gone.

cbushey1
Creator III
Creator III

Just thought I would say this is still an issue 5 years after the original post.

Triggers still get lost using the xml.

2 developers simply opening, reloading, and saving causes changes to the -prj folder which causes conflicts for users during the update process.

*It would be great if there was more documentation around what is in each of the standard -xml files for qlikview. I have learned alot because of all the issues I have had, but still have no idea what is stored in the encode=base64 parts of the Allproperties.xml file...