I can hit the following, but unfortunatly not available till beginning of sept, but this sounds very interesting do you mind if I make contact when im available.
You'l need some (or all!) of the following (we can use all but do NOTexpect them in one person):
- QlikView Desktop Experience (developer and designer)
- QlikView Server Experience (enterprise)
- Experience as a consultant (ie not just in company work)
- Experience of working on your own at a client
- Must have car
- MUST be based in UK (ideally North of England) Im Based Nottingham,can get anywhere in uk at short notice
- Must be totally unphased by travel and short notice requirement to go to (say) Scotland/Cornwall/Wales - or occasionally your next door village!)
- SQL Server 2008 - Data Architecture - Database Design & MS BI stack (with Kimball)
- Web Design Skills
- Virtual Server Management (VM-Ware)
- Current (or historical) programming experience Historical VB & Vb Net (Intermediate)
Ive spent most of my working life in Hotels contracting around SQL server & Business Intelligence, Usually only returning home for Weekends and laundry. My wife understands and my son(14) wants to be a consultant !
Ive attached my current contracting CV
ColinRobinsonCV.rtf 192.9 K
Could anyone please let me know if I can convert the current QlikView Physical Server installation into a Virtual Machine?
I'm asking this question to stay in a supported scenario. If it is possible we would like to convert the Physical installation to Hyper-V Virtual Machine.
Your feedback would be appreciated.
Zahir Hussain Shah
Yes it is possible, but you will need a back up solution thats support Restore to VM.
We use Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 Virtual For Hyper-V,
The agent for Hyper-V uses the unified backup format which is fully compatible with other platform agents,
including Agent for Windows, Agent for Linux and Agent for ESX(i).
The Universal Restore function automatically re-configures systems and injects drivers to makes sure
it boots on its new virtual or physical hardware.
Hope this points you in the right direction.