Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Authentication setup through LDAP

Hi Experts,

I am new to qlikview and even in IT.. Can any body tell me, how to Authenticate the users using LDAP in qlikview...I have server-9 edition of qlikview

Thanks.

18 Replies
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Ok Bill, but in QV11 we don´t create the login site, correct?

I set up a client that uses LDAP (Novell eDirectory) and he manages and authenticates users with this intergração without the need to customize anything.

The only thing is that the login is done by the login page QVWS. Is that right?

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Richardo,

That would be hard to say without looking at his setup. He could have a custom page that he authenicates the user and then pass Header Information to the QVWS.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Ok Bill,

What I mentioned is that the client that I set the configuration of the DSC with the integration of LDAP only. Authentication QVWS was targeted directly to the site / login2.htm by default, without making configuration changes.

This client uses the version 11282.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
boaz_shatz
Contributor II
Contributor II

thanks Bill,

my name is Boaz

is there any details documentation on this issue?

we have iis frontend withe edirectory as ldap server and we want to build ajax access to a model we will build

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I don't have anything that will help you. However, if you will search the community for SSO I think you will find the information you are looking for.

Bill Britt

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
dde
Employee
Employee

A lot of Novell customers also have a Microsoft AD with some replication going on.  Are you sure the Authentication isn't happening via Windows (e.g. NTLM)?

Out of the box we only do Windows authentication and Custom Users.  That's it.  There is nothing in QlikView to do LDAP authentication, only authorisation.

boaz_shatz
Contributor II
Contributor II

We have users that managed in novell idm and authenticate through edirectory with iis application no active directory for them, what does it mean custom application ?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Most of the customers I know that use Novell uses SiteMinder. They then write a SSO to Authenticate the user and then passes the Header information to QVS.

Bill

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

The QVW which tries to load the data from LDAP loads only the partial data frequently. We are unable to find the root cause of the issue as the QVW doesn't fails but it loads only the partial data.Can someone please help us to identify the root cause of the issue. It has been happening from quite a long time but we didn't succeed in finding the root cause of the issue. Hope someone can help us for the same.

Regards,

qvforum