Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVS API Support

My question is if there is any help or guidance on how to use the QVS API besides the help file (which is not very helpful...).

It doesn't seem that there is much examples out there on how to use the QVS API. Please can anyone shed some light!

I need to use the API to get detailed license information, ie to whom is licenses assigned and usage, as well as reload scheduled information.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

57 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan,

Do you know how to get the values of  Table inside the qvw files using the API?

I'm currently using qlikview 11 server and QMS api to retrieve the the document names and the server objects but i was not able to retrieve the values like the rows and column of the table object.

Thanks,

Arnold

Not applicable
Author

Hello Sandravega,

Have you found the solution for adding and removing CALs via QMS API?

If you can, share me please.

Thanks in advance.

hugo_andrade
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Where's the attachment?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hello everybody,

Did someone find solution to add/remove user call via QMS API?

Please share with us.

Thanks a lot

Not applicable
Author

I did. Here is the sample code in C# I used to obtain a server key to browse the backend of the QMS API.

This will LIST the Users and their last date accessed for Named Cals

using System;

using System.Collections.Generic;

using System.Linq;

using System.Text;

using getCALs.QMSBackendService;

using getCALs.ServiceSupport;

using System.Threading;

using System.IO;

namespace getCALs

{

partial class Program

{

static void ListCALs()

{

try

{

IQMS apiClient = new QMSClient();

ServiceKeyClientMessageInspector.ServiceKey = apiClient.GetTimeLimitedServiceKey();

ServiceInfo qdsService = apiClient.GetServices(ServiceTypes.QlikViewServer).FirstOrDefault();

CALConfiguration NamedCALConfig = apiClient.GetCALConfiguration(qdsService.ID, CALConfigurationScope.NamedCALs);

CALConfiguration.CALConfigurationNamedCALs namedCALs = NamedCALConfig.NamedCALs;

string mydocpath = @"Location to save the output of listed CALs"; // i.e. - \\QlikView\Storage\QVD

StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();

sb.AppendLine("UserName, LastAccessed");

foreach (AssignedNamedCAL cal in namedCALs.AssignedCALs)

{

sb.AppendLine(String.Concat(cal.UserName.Substring(9), ",", cal.LastUsed));

Console.WriteLine(String.Concat(cal.UserName.Substring(9), ",", cal.LastUsed));

}

using (StreamWriter outfile = new StreamWriter(mydocpath + @"\Users.csv"))

{

outfile.Write(sb.ToString());

}

}

catch(System.Exception ex)

{

Console.WriteLine("An exception occured: " + ex.Message);

}

}

}

}

Let me know if this helps you.  Make sure you create the references to the QMSBackendService under your Service References, etc.

I also have code written to automatically remove anyone's license once they are no longer in the groups assigned to read QVWs AND are over 30 days since their last visit to the site.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Scott,

Thank you very much for the code, it’s works very good.

I’m very interested also by the code who remove licenses automatically.

it's possible to share it with us?

thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Scott,

I'm wondering if you used the GetFieldList method of this API already.

Because I can't make the sample code on the documentation because it cannot find the below:

ServiceTypes.QlikviewDistributionService

Kindly help advice how to sort this out.

Thanks,

Arnold

Not applicable
Author

So if I understood this information correctly, it looks like that you need to change a setting on the server to make working with generic lists possible. If this is true, can someone please tell me exactly what I need to change? And where I can find this setting?