Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help in Bar chart

Hi,

I have several grouping categories that i have to display in several types of barcharts i.e. vehcile sales comparisons                     

chart1: Vvwagen Group  vs Industry Comparison

Here i wanted to compare all Vvwagen Group brands with Industry avg   for this i was trying with this expression in dimension

=if(match(Make,'SKDA','AUD','VVWAGEN','UGATI','SET') and GROUP1='Industry Avg',GROUP1)

Here am trying to combine two dimensions but am not able to implement it. How can we combine two dimensions as one dimension.

so guys requesting your help on this.

chart2: Vvwagen Group Group to OEM grouping; Europe, Asian, Korean

Here i wanted to compare Vvwagen Group with all Europe, Asian, Korean brands

please find the attached sample chart type and  excel for vehcile catagories.

Regards,

Anil

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I couldn't find a way to combine the dimensions within the graph itself, but a cheat would be to include it in the script with a 'Flag'. Admittedly, this would be a hassle, as you would have to include a set analysis for calculating based upon only the 'True Data' in all your other tables/graphs, but it may be something to consider.

Hope it helps!

Not applicable
Author

thnx for your replay..it is bit confusing for me let me try it out and what 'True Data' here. could you please explain it.

Not applicable
Author

thnx for your replay..it is bit confusing for me let me try it out and what 'True Data' here. could you please explain it.

Not applicable
Author

What you are essentially doing is loading the data you want to see from the 'GROUP1' field in to the 'MAKE' field, so that you are using the same dimension in your graphs. However, in order to avoid counting the data twice, you would need a way to identify what is your real data ('True Data') and what is just in there for graphing purposes. This is where that 'Flag' field comes in. Then, for example, if you want to sum your total volume you would have to use sum({$<Flag={'True Data'}>}Volume) instead of just sum(Volume) or you would be counting the placeholders.