cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server failed to set license: QVS@prolix: Failed to connect to server

Hello,

I have a prbleem the License.

When I give my Control key and I do not get left to see.

If I click Apply License

I get an error:

Server failed to set license: QVS@prolix: Failed to connect to server

has anyone had the same problem?

Please can you help me.

19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

It's a service account, there's no reason to ever use the GUI with it.  After logging into the server with the service account, the license information I've entered over a dozen times appeared in the QMC.  I hit Apply License, wait through a much longer restart period, and get "Success".

Why?  WHY!?!  What possible reason could there be to log in with a service account?  For what possible reason would this be a requirement?  Thank you for the fix, Mr. Baeyens.  I just wish that QlikVIew made sense once in a while.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Jonathan,

This has nothing to do with QlikView. It's rather a Windows issue. In Windows, domain group membership is applied almost automatically if the system administrator sets that up, because the Domain Controller sends the Catalog information each few minutes or seconds to the users. So if I create a domain user and make him member of the Domain Administrators group (a domain group, not a local group) the user will get his credentials, by default and usually (not always) in the next refresh.

But, local accounts and local groups do not refresh. You need to log on to your session regardless the type of account you are creating and the reason you are creating it. Just adding a user to a local group does not make it member. It does appear in the group member list, but it's not yet.

You need to log on as this user in the local computer so the account reads the local configurations, local group membership ACLs and takes full membership then.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

It makes sense, other than that the account is logged out and back in again each time I restart the service.  Why would this be different whether I'm logging into the server GUI or restarting a service?

Not applicable
Author

Jonathan,

Had the same issue as you.  Couldn't enter licenses, had same Event Log entries.  Here's how I solved mine problem:

1. Changed all the QlikView services to use a domain account.  Previously, the services were logging on with the LOCAL SYSTEM account.  I made the domain account (QlikViewUser) a local admin on the server.  This last step may not be necessary if you grant it Log On As Service rights and make sure it has access to what folders it needs.

2. Restart all the services

3. Re-entered Seral#, Control, Name, Org.......BINGO!

HTH

JB

jcarpenter9
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I surely wish this were clearly documented in the QV Server Reference Manual. Page 56 mentions the subject, but this information ought to be up front in the "Installation" section. Users could avoid this problem if they knew to add user accounts to the appropriate groups before starting the install.

~James

Not applicable
Author

I second that motion.  The QlikView team should keep in mind that, even for server products, no one reads the manual.  The point of the installer is to handle these things, and I'm skeptical that it can't be automated.  Personally, I've not seen such a requirement in any other software.

jcarpenter9
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

It appeared to me that the installer did create the 'QlikView Administrators' group, so the next logical step would be for it to add the currently logged-in account to that group.

I've been installing QV Server on my local machine as a training exercise to get experience with it, but I'm sure this will be very similar on an actual server. I actually did start reading the manual, but I didn't get very far because it wasn't very helpful at actually installing the software.

~James

Not applicable
Author

I have the same issue and I am not able to fix it. The service account was created before installing QlikView Server and It is both QlikView Administrator and local machine Administrator. I tried to applied the license using the license #, control # and LEF but I still got that message. I am logged in with the services account. I also try to logoof and even reboot, nothing worked.

Any more ideas?

I have QlikView Server 11 SR2.

wizardo
Creator III
Creator III

Hi igor,

not sure if you still have this problem but anyway

i had the same problem

done everything writen above but it didnt help

then i tried creating a new local administrator user and chnged all the credentials of the services to that new user

added the user to the qlikview administrator group and restarted all the services and everything worked

i then changed back to the previous user and everything still worked

hope that helpes

Daniel

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I have the same issue. QVS wont start.

I can't even go to QMC > Licences > Qlikview Server.

Help plsss..