Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

LDAP Access - Member Of

Hi Folks

I have figured out how to access LDAP, however, I am having trouble getting hold of the MemberOf values, the following query

ldap_Groups:

SQL
SELECT memberOf
FROM '$(vLDAP)' WHERE objectClass='user' AND SAMAccountName='$(vUserName)';

Returns an error as shown below (always a favourite of mine when an error message states SQL Error: No Error, provides so much information!), I am suspecting that I might need to do something special with this as the contents of memberOf field is quite large.

Anybody have any clues as to what I would need to do????

Any help greatly appreciated.

51 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks! This looks like it shoud work. I'll give it a test.

-Rob

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks wesselo. This works great amd solves the system access problem!

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob Wunderlich,

I need your help , Please help me.

On server when I login in access from IE(plugins) Point macro is working well.

but when I am logging externally(local machine) on access point the macro is not working.

Please help me.

Thanks in Advance

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What is the content of your macro that is not working?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for reply Rob

Content of macro is

I am creating a automatic ms word document report , in that i am taking a template named as "standard template.docx" and after that I am inserting the Bitmaps and charts into it.

I am able to generate automatic word doc report on server

but when I am logging in access point  and firing the macro  the report is not generated in ms word document

now I fixed the issue of macro and macro is working but it is not generating the word report.

The error is coming

QlikOcx

macro parsed failed Functionality was lost

Export_To_Microsoft_word

Error " the file could not be found

("C:\....\standard template.docx")

Please help me

Thanks

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I suggest you put this question in a new discussion. It's bound to get lost in this LDAP thread. I don't have an immeadiate answer, perhaps others will.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Rob Wunderlich schrieb:

I too tried to load the description field but found out it is multi-valued. So I used the macro technique to get the data. But like others, I'm having trouble getting system access in Publisher.

-Rob

Wow, exactly what I'm looking for.

Could you give me a hint, how to change your Group-Members Macro, which is working great, into a Get-Description Macro?

Regards,

Oliver

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Attached is a version that uses a macro to get the multi-valued Group description. It can be extended for any any multi-value field.

Note the problem discussed here that this macro technique will not work in a server reload. It must be run from QV Developer.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

Not applicable
Author

Awesome. Thx Rob!

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

The QVW which tries to load the data from LDAP loads only the partial data frequently. We are unable to find the root cause of the issue as the QVW doesn't fails but it loads only the partial data.Can someone please help us to identify the root cause of the issue. It has been happening from quite a long time but we didn't succeed in finding the root cause of the issue. Hope someone can help us for the same.

Regards,

qvforum