Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Missing data on reload

Hi All

I was wondering if any of you have had the same problem,

Am connecting to MS SQL 2005 using OLEDB 32 bit connection with QV10 SR3 and at random time there are chunks of missing data.

As you can imagine this is really compromises all my reports where it's got to the point am asking can i trust what

qlikvew is producing.

If any one else has had this probem and can give me some insight as to why this happens please do.

28 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I can update this thread about the intermittent problem we have been experiencing.

After extensive monitoring and tests our supplier has now recreated this problem outside of our environment. QT have also recreated the problem on their own environments and are currently investigating whether it is something unusual with our scripts (e.g. the way we are using QVD files) or some other cause.   So I'm hopeful they will provide an explanation and suggest a work around or fix soon.  We don't believe it is a problem with the source database as SQL profiling has shown that to be working correctly. I'll keep this thread updated with news.

Andrew

Not applicable
Author

The latest update on this is that QlikTech have found the cause of the fault and are now working on the fix.  No definite release date has been given yet but hopefully it will be soon.  We have asked for a fix on the latest version of QlikView desktop and QlikView server so we are busy upgrading our environments to version 11 SR1 in readiness. So good times are ahead!

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Andrew,

do you have a bug number? Maybe we should add this to the QlikBug group if others run into this:

http://community.qlik.com/groups/qlikbug

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Yes, it's bug 47189

Not applicable
Author

Hi everyone and thanks for your dialog on this topic.

Bug 47189 – Inconsistent amount of data returned - has been
fixed in QlikView 10 SR5, which was released on June 28th 2012. QlikTech’s
investigation of this bug reinforced what has been mentioned in this thread:
that it has been seen to occur in rare circumstances (less than 1% of all
reloads tested), has been somewhat random in nature and has impacted a tiny
percentage of data.

We very much appreciate the active involvement of the
QlikCommunity to continually highlight areas of improvement and are happy to
have addressed this particular issue now.

Regards,

John Callan, Sr. Director Global Product Marketing, QlikTech

tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Its so annoying that we never hear from QlikTech something new is released - other than reading forum threads!

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Hi – thanks for your comment. You’ve a valid point and one that we are actively looking at remedying for future Service Releases in fact. As a matter of course right now, our Support team sends an email to those persons that submitted bugs that were ultimately fixed in an SR. Our goal is to extend that to the wider community.

Many thanks for your continued input!

John Callan

Sr. Director, Global Product Marketing

gussfish
Creator II
Creator II

Hi John,

was this ultimately related to locking & blocking, as Flipside had suggested?  The reason I'm asking for more information is that my company is on QV10 SR2 and are cautious about upgrading (we've had some bad experiences trying to upgrade even between Serview Releases), so it would be helpful to understand the underlying issues and so be able to better assess the likelihood that this problem will affect us.

Thanks.

Angus.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Has anyone received an email like John mentioned, a notification that a bug is fixed on a specific SR?

-Rob

tombombadil
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nope never, and we submitted a couple of bug reports.

BR,

Tom