Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Correct Answers

Hiya Guys,

By marking a post as a "Correct Answer" - does it stop other Users getting e-mail notifications of updates?

I've had a couple of Threads now where I've accepted someone's Post as the "Correct Answer" and then replied afterwards to ask another question... to which never gets a reply!... should I only mark as "Correct" once I no longer intend on adding Posts?

Cheers,

Steve.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Steve,

When you ask a question and you get an answer that proves right to you, mark as helpful or answer. You should keep receiving emails even when the thread has been answered.

If you want to ask another question, even if related to the original, open a new thread and link to the old one. This makes sense to the users that have a similar issue that you had, and go straight to the answer, without reading a lot of posts that make noise for him.

Anyway, I will let Sara Leslie, the Community Manager about your issue.

Kind regards,

Miguel

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Steve,

When you ask a question and you get an answer that proves right to you, mark as helpful or answer. You should keep receiving emails even when the thread has been answered.

If you want to ask another question, even if related to the original, open a new thread and link to the old one. This makes sense to the users that have a similar issue that you had, and go straight to the answer, without reading a lot of posts that make noise for him.

Anyway, I will let Sara Leslie, the Community Manager about your issue.

Kind regards,

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hiya Miguel,

That's great advice, thank you.  Probably no need to inform the Community Manager as it is more likely that users have just not responded after I have marked their Post as "Correct"!  🙂

Cheers,

Steve.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Steve,

Just to try, let me know when you subscribe to this thread and I will post again to see whether or not you receive the email.

Regards,

Miguel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for posting your question Steve and for your responses Miguel.

It looks like you have sorted through this. I wanted to highlight the importance of marking responses as helpful and answered. When a response is marked as helpful or correct the poster receives additional points in QlikCommunity. Steve thank you for taking the time to mark responses to your questions!

ActivityNumber of Points
Posting or responding to discussion.1 point
Correctly answered discussion questions.10 points
Helpful responses to discussion questions.5 points
Creating new documents.10 points
Creating new blog posts.10 points
Create idea.10 points
Add comment for idea.2 points
Vote for an idea.1 points

Please visit our Points System Document  for information points and user contribution levels in QlikCommunity. 

Not applicable
Author

Thanks guys,

That's very helpful - I think everything is sorted and clear now  🙂

The only problem I have now is that everytime I Reply to a post I get an error saying it didn't send... but then it sends anyway (sometimes!).  But that's a different issue - and if I can't solve it I'll raise a new Post.

Just also want to say that this is a very helpful Community.

Cheers,

Steve.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sara Leslie

I feel author of the post should not be allowed to mark as "Correct Answer" for their won post. I have seen many post where author themselves mark their own post as "Correct Answer" though it did not answer at all. It helps them to get 10 points easily though they have not answered anything.

I request all the users of this community to support me if you feel my above point is correct. I also request moderator to consider the same if I am correct.

Thanks,

Attitude

Not applicable
Author

Hiya At titude,

I, myself, have marked several of my own posts as the "Correct Answer" - as no one else was able to help me - and I solved the issue myself.

This will help others in future find the solution quickly - and, correct me if I'm wrong, but awarding your own post as the "Correct Answer" does not give 10-points.

In my opinion, if you achieve the solution yourself, you should still mark it as such for future reference.

Cheers,

Steve.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve

Thanks for your response! If it does not give 10-points then as you said authors can mark their own post as correct answer if they have achieved the solution. But if in case they get 10-points then it should be restricted.

Also I feel that points should not be given for all the posts. Points should be given to only those who have given helpful answer or correct answer. There are so many users who creates lots of posts get more points than the one who who used to give helpful\correct answer. So they get the lesser point than the one who haven't given any helpful\correct answer. Please consider this as well!!!

Thanks,

Attitude