Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server failed to set license: QVS@prolix: Failed to connect to server

Hello,

I have a prbleem the License.

When I give my Control key and I do not get left to see.

If I click Apply License

I get an error:

Server failed to set license: QVS@prolix: Failed to connect to server

has anyone had the same problem?

Please can you help me.

19 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

The registration process requires Internet access to the QlikView validation server. Make sure there are no firewall rules that prevent the Server to get to the internet.

If you don't have internet access or it is restricted, which is very usual, you will need to ask your partner manager for the LEF file, once you get it, or if you already have it, paste the LEF file in the QlikView (Enterprise) Management Console, along with the license number and control number, the server will get registered even without connection.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I've had the same error message even when copying the LEF, exactly as provided by QlikView.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Jonathan,

We you input the serial number, control code and paste the LEF contect, you are not connecting to any external server, and the result should be a red "Failed" or a green "Success" above the Apply button. The idea is to be able to license a Server offline or behind a firewall.

Which other steps are you following?

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Yes, that's what I'm doing.  It's not complicated.  The one step you did not mention is that after hitting Apply License, the web app creates a modal dialog with the sentence fragment "This action requires a restart of QlikView Server".  After this completes, I get the message "Server failed to set license: QVS:sqlbi002: Failed to connect to server".

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

When that happens, do you see any error in the Windows Services Console (Windows button, run, services.msc) Are all QlikView services started? There are some situations when if the Server is not licensed, the service shuts itself down after a few minutes.

Check the Windows Event Viewer as well, should some message is logged there and that can provide with more information.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

All five services are running.

The event log includes many instances of this error, probably four or five per time I've tried to apply the license:

System.Exception: Failed to retrieve document list from the specified QVS

at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.GetUserDocumentList(Guid qvsID)

at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.Diagnostics.CacheDocumentAvailable()

This message appears once:

System.Exception: Failed to retrieve CAL configuration from QlikView Server

at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.GetCALConfiguration(Guid qvsID, CALConfigurationScope scope)

I have a thread open with support, I'll post back here if they can resolve it.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Jonathan,

Please check that the user running the services is in both the local Administrators and QlikView Administrators groups. If the account was added as member and after that the same account did not logged on, that might be the issue.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

The account had been in the local admin group but not QlikView Administrators.  However, adding the service account to QlikView Administrators (and restarting all the services) had no effect.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

After adding the account to the QlikView Administrator group, did you log on as this account to take full membership of the group as I mentioned above?

Miguel