Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Stack graph not showing all values [with Dimension limits]

Stack graph with 2 dimesions say year and product. One expression say sum(amount).

Data:

Year     Product     Amount

2010     A               1

2011     A               2

2010     B               3

2011     C               4

2010     D               5

2011     D               6

Dimension limits is set to top 2 using sum(amount) as expression.

Sorting is set to Year Desc, Amount Desc

a. Year selection = 2010, graph correctly shows:

2010     B               3

b. Year selection = 2011, graph correctly shows

c. Year selection = 2011, 2010, graph shows

2011     A               2

2010     A               1

It shows only the interesection values. Whereas it should've been -

2010     C               0 --------- this should've been understood by Qlikview.

How to ensure that the chart displays the correct values - i.e. not just the intersection.

Regards,

Gopal

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi,

you are using global grouping option in dimension limit tab, right?

Well, I can't reproduce your table in step c), only steps a) and b). I do get your last table, with year 2010 / Product C line missing (because you don't have data for that combination).

To understand the difference what you and I see, could you post your sample file here?

Not applicable
Author

No I'm not using the global grouping option. Could you share your qvw with me please?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Well, here you are.

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. Ok I just changed one of the data points. Copied the table and added a bar chart (as a fast change), notice how the product 'C' vanishes from the bar chart, but continues to exist in the table. Isn't that strange behaviour? How can I get the product C data points as well in the chart?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Well, you also changed the order of dimensions, right?

I can confirm that the bar chart behaves differently from the straight table, I would call this a bug (but not sure if the bar or the straight table chart is the buggy part).

I couldn't make it working using the dimension limits here, probably I am missing something.

But you can do it old style (removing the dimension limit), using this as expression:

=aggr(if(rank(sum(Amount))<=2,sum(Amount),0),Year,Product)

(I essentially just need the if(rank(sum(Amount))<=2,sum(Amount),0) part, but to allow the suppression of zero values in presentation tab with chart ranking functions, I added an additional advanced aggregatin).

See also attached.

Not applicable
Author

I believe the data in the table is correct. The graph gets it wrong. What is the process for passing this info. to Qlikview dev / support team? Is there a report a bug link ?

Regards,

Gopal

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you are a QlikTech partner, you can submit a bug report via the partner portal (there are some rules to follow).

I assume you are not a Qliktech partner, but a customer. I am not 100% sure if customers have direct access to the bug report portal (well, I don't think so, since we partners are supposed to do this for the customers), but please recheck with your QV partner or sales rep.

I think your QV sales rep should also be able to help you with the bug reporting (and then getting a solution), unless you don't have a valid support contract anymore.

There is also a (unofficial) bug group here in the community:

http://community.qlik.com/groups/qlikbug

where you can repost your issue (but please give as many details as possible, all version and OS information etc.)

But this group is not the official QT bugtracker!

Regards,

Stefan