Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Setup QVS10 with open access

I am looking at setting up QVS10 with IIS7 to have open access (i.e. anonymous users) for ZFP client.

Does anyone have information on the requirements for seeting up IIS7 and QVS10 settings for such a setup?

I have tried the following already:

QEMC > System > Setup > QVS > Security > Always anonymous wtih NTFS authorization

IIS setup as Anonymous Authentication = Enabled and Windows Authentication = Disabled.

Thank you

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

A user Cal requires a named users and Anonymous isn't a Named user. It is best to have session Cal for this.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This should help and give you some ideals.

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Bill - thank you so much for the document.  It helped me vaidate my setup.

Unfortunately, when I access the server from a desktop, I still get the windows Authentication Required prompt looking for a User Name and Password.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

have you removed Windows authentication off the virtual folders in IIS?

Not applicable
Author

No - I had not done that.  I had only enabled Anonymous Authentication.  Just tried disabling the Windows Authentication on the QvAjaxZfc virtual folder.  I am only applying this change to the QvAjaxZfc folder because this is a Ajax only implementation.

In this case, now I am getting the message 'Failed to authenticate'.  Do I need to make the same changes to the QlikView or other virtual folders?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Try this..

PermitHTTP Anonymous on all virtual directories in IIS. Require NTLM only on/qvajaxzfc/authenticate.aspx

Show content view, right click on authenticate.aspx, swithto features view then click Authentication.

Not applicable
Author

Bill, I managed to get the error out by setting up the Authentication for QlikView virtual directory to enable Anonymous Authentication AND Disabled Windows Authentication for this directory.

Now I have a slightly different problem:  Everytime I try to open a QVW from AccessPoint, I am getting "Access denied! The server (QVS) has no USER CAL for your account.  Please contact your system administrator!"  Is this related, or do I need to make some other modification?   FYI: Our server has NUMBER_OF_USERCALS as 100 and I don't have more than 5 users on the system to-date.

Also, if I am using Anonymous Authentication, will QVS see each logged in user as the same or unique depending on their machine name or IP?  I am trying to understand if bookmarks, etc. will be impacted with Anonymous Authentication.  The reason I ask is because we are planning on passing the USERID via the URL and I was wondering if each USERID will have it's own bookmarks or if they will all be assumed to be the same user "Anonymous".

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

A user Cal requires a named users and Anonymous isn't a Named user. It is best to have session Cal for this.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill.  Do you have any recommendations on how best to setup a server with user CAL licenses for NO Windows authentication as we only want to use Section Access withint he document for security?

Basically, we want to avoid any login prompts for the user as they move from their verified intranet login to the QlikView ZFP dashboard.  We can use USERID and PASSWORD defined in a SQL table which will allow us to pass this information as a part of the URL to open the dashboard.

Not applicable
Author

Bill.  I managed to use Custom User to meet my requirement above.  One last question:  How can I pass the custom username and password via a URL to directly open a QVW without a login prompt?  I am thinking that I will need something like: http://QVServer/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=MyDoc.qvw&host=Local&NTUSER=CustomUser&PASSWORD=Custo...  Is this correct?