Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Where to read license usage from?

Hi,

I want to create an application for license usage analysis, but I don't know where to read that info from, and I've given up on making the QMS API work. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

74 Replies
Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator

I am trying to run this using the following statement (under load script):

Execute cmd.exe "\\FILES-NA\QV_Production\XMLFiles\Monitor\QVSCALManager.exe" -CALS

Manual reload using Qlikview Desktop, i would be able to generate the needed CALs.xml inside the path of .qvw file.

But reloading this in the QEMC (Management Console), it cannot see the xml file. Any idea where it is residing?

If it’s not too much to ask, I hope there would be a new parameter (destination) to indicate which path XML files should be saved to.

Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator

If i create a supporting task like this, where should I expect the destination of .xml?

QVSCALManager.JPG

dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Good question 😉

I have added an option to specify the destination folder, I have to test it and will probably release it tomorrow

Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator

Oh, David, this would make our lives easier.

Thank you, in advance!

Really looking forward to that.

dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

OK, here is a new version with an option (-OUTPUT) to define the directory where files will be generated.

Don't forget to use double quotes if there are spaces in the path:

QVSCALManager -SERVER localhost -OUTPUT "d:\my folder" -CALS

Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator

Can’t wait to try it. Have a nice day!

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I read this topic with some interest. Do we have an update or documentation ?

I found a lot of .zip but I tried unsuccessfully

dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

There may be an update soon with direct integration within Qlikview but I'm still waiting for my QlikMarket access...

However, the latest appliaction posted above should work, do you have an error message ?

Not applicable
Author

I have to apologize. I read some more poste and I found a zip to update the first package (for Qv11) and its work !

I have to work with this now (schedule and more and more)

Thanks.

I keep this thread to share my work if I can bring some elements !

Thanks to you.

dirk_konings
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

We have QV11 SR2 now, it works great !!!

I could get the info of Node 1 and not of Node 2. We have 2 qlikview servers - not clustered, but only one QMS. How to get the info of the 2nd one? If i use that servername i get this : Error connecting to QMS 'servername'.

thanks

Dirk