Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Number formating Four zeros after decimal

Hi

We have a table containg some cost. Everything is fine , but there is a record containing for zeros after decimal (52,771.0000), what qlikview is doing that it automatically add two zeros before decimal hence corrupting the data.(I am just displaying the cost in a table box)

How can i have the number in its original format.

Thanks & Regards

14 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Can you post your app?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

• If you want to make the change in the chart, not in the data, go to the chart properties (right click on it, select Properties) then go to the Number tab, select the expression, and set it to be fixed to 4 decimals.

• But if you want to make the change in the data, you will need to use the Num() function in the scriptas Sokkorn suggests, but using the "0" in the format pattern instead of the "#":

NUM(NUM#('1,234.00'),'#,###.0000')

Check that the decimal and thousand separators are OK with your local settings.

• Finally, if you want to make the change document wise, but not modifying the script (in the layout), go to the Settings menu with the document open, Document Properties, Number tab, select the field, and set there to be fixed to 4 decimals.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi,

It working for me by using NUM(ExternalPrice,'#,###.####')    AS [No2]

See in the attached file.

Regards,

Sokkorn

Not applicable
Author

the problem is that Qlikview is enforcing two zeros after decimal, and transfering the extra zeros to the right, m having no idea for such strange behavior

table.PNG

e.g it is making 18,150.000 to 181500.00

Not applicable
Author

The above mentioned problem was due to the internal configuration of SAP.