Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis Question

Hi Everyone!
I am a new user of Qlikview and I am currently working on a project where I need to use set analysis to make certain selections based on the fields. The fields I'm concerned with at the moment are File_Date_1 and Service Dt.
I'm attempting to select the records where these two are equal and so initially, I tried just setting the two fields equal to each other however that did not work. I then tried creating a variable based off of Service Dt called vServiceDate.
The syntax I used then was this:
File_Date_1={"$(=date($[Service Dt],'M/D/YYYY'))"}
Unfortunately, this does not work for me. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!
6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

=sum( {<File_Date_1= {"<=$(date($[Service Dt],'M/D/YYYY'))"}>} Sale)

May be this is help You

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You need to create a search expression that will do the record based comparison of File_Date_1 and Service Dt for you. Try something like

File_Date_1 = {"=File_Date_1=[Service Dt]"}

within your set expression (used inside an aggregation function and with the enclosing brackets, right?).

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please make sure that both of the dates are in same format once you compair them.

Hope this help,
Anosh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Is there only one value for Service Dt ? Or is it related to the dimension?

You can try these:

File_Date_1={"=$(=date('$(vServiceDate)','M/D/YYYY'))"}

File_Date_1={"=$(=only([Service Dt],'M/D/YYYY'))"}

Dilyana

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ben

Did you get an answer to this? I have the same exact issue and would love to know if you have a solution.

Thanks

Eric

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Eric,

Will you please start a new discussion and describe your exact problem. What you want and what you did till now.

If possible post QVW file with some sample data.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!