Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ODBC Connection - Manual Reload works but QMC schedule keeps running for hours

Hi,

I am using QV11. My document uses an ODBC Connection to Ingres Database. The manual reload of the document works (less than 1 minute for reload). But when I schedule it using QMC, it keeps running for hours and then I have to either end the 'qvconnec't process in Task Manager or stop the qlikview services.

I tried using Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers, but that too didn't work. Please help!

Regards

Raj

13 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You will need to check the log files to see what has happened.

One possiblity is that the QDS is running on a different account than yours and the ODBC Data source that you use is a User Data Source and not a System Data Source. In such a case the scheduled task will not see the Data Source. Solution: Define the data source as a System DSN instead.

/HIC

Not applicable
Author

Hi Henric,

The log file when reloaded using QMC does not show anything. I have attached log files for both manual reload and QMC reload.

Also, the source is defined as System DSN.

Regards

Raj

Not applicable
Author

The above logfiles were created using OLEDB Provider for ODBC Drivers. The log files attached to this post are using ODBC Connection. I wonder if there is some setting that I need to change.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Obviously it fails to make a proper connect in the first place. Whether this is due to authentication problems or something else, I do not know. You could see if there is any verbose logging in the Ingres ODBC driver.

If all else fails, you may need to contact QlikView support.

/HIC

ivan_will
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

Did you manage to find any solution for the problem? Now I am having the same and also the support did not know what to do

Not applicable
Author

I have similar problem like You. I load data from MS Access. I can manual reload data, but scheduler doesn't work. It work on the same user.

ivan_will
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Any ideas?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

My guess is that it is a password(the login box is trying to open) issue or the DSN is setup as a user and not a system.

Login as the service account and try to run it and see what happens.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
ivan_will
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Tccc   it is a system DSN , the user account is the administrator account

With the support we are working on the problem and it seems to be a bug ...