Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Where to read license usage from?

Hi,

I want to create an application for license usage analysis, but I don't know where to read that info from, and I've given up on making the QMS API work. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

74 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi David, thanks for reply.

Please can you help me how to create a group 'Qlikview Management API' in server and add me to this created group.

thanks in advance.

Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator

Hi pedronnr,

I am pertaining to the issue of martha.hernandez wherein she mentioned on her last lines that the tool is not generating any XML file.

Hi David Vasseur,

I am running QV10 SR3. I was able to use the GUI but not the COMMAND version. It's running but not generating XML file.

I am using these two:

QVSCALManager-CommandLine-QV10-DEBUG and

QVSCALManager-CommandLine-QV10

Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator

satish47.venkat wrote:

Hi David, thanks for reply.

Please can you help me how to create a group 'Qlikview Management API' in server and add me to this created group.

thanks in advance.

Hi Satish,

You can do this by logging in the server. Go to Control Panel. Then User Accounts. Then Create a New Group Qlikview Management API and add your username/login in there.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi dnatividad, thanks for reply.

When i'm trying to create a group 'Qlikview Management API' there is no option in my system for creating  a new group in Control Panel --> User Account.

Then how to create a Qlikview Management API group ?

Please help on this.

Thanks in advance.

Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator

New Group.JPGsatish47.venkat wrote:

Hi dnatividad, thanks for reply.

When i'm trying to create a group 'Qlikview Management API' there is no option in my system for creating  a new group in Control Panel --> User Account.

Then how to create a Qlikview Management API group ?

Please help on this.

Thanks in advance.

Please see attached of my screenshots.

After adding the group and your name to the group, please logoff and login back.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks dnatividad.

Its working fine.

Thanks again.

Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator

satish47.venkat wrote:

Thanks dnatividad.

Its working fine.

Thanks again.

Welcome, satish47!

I just hope I will be able to resolve my issue here as well. Guys, any idea?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I know this is going to sound really silly though, it happened to me. I thought the program wasn't generating the xml file but what really happened was I was running it from a different location than I thought the file would be generated.

I used the command-line version and ran it from C:/Users/Martha and from here I wrote the whole path to the CALManager.exe. Everytime I executed the program I expected an xml inside this folder (CALManager folder) but it was really inside my Users folder.

Maybe its your case, maybe it's not. Anyway I hope it helps.

Regards.

Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator

Geez! can't wait to check this one out.

Thanks in advance.

martha.hernandez wrote:

Hi,

I know this is going to sound really silly though, it happened to me. I thought the program wasn't generating the xml file but what really happened was I was running it from a different location than I thought the file would be generated.

I used the command-line version and ran it from C:/Users/Martha and from here I wrote the whole path to the CALManager.exe. Everytime I executed the program I expected an xml inside this folder (CALManager folder) but it was really inside my Users folder.

Regards.

Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator

This works! Thanks a lot!

dnatividad wrote:

Geez! can't wait to check this one out.

Thanks in advance.

martha.hernandez wrote:

Hi,

Regards.