3 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2012 8:15 AM by Johan Idh RSS

Line chart, 2 expressions

trash123

Hi,

I have the following problem. As you can see from the attached image (it is just a simple example) I have a line chart with 3 dimensions (date, seller, seller2) and 2 expressions: sum(price), sum(price2).

I want to have the possibility to select for example 2 sellers from the seller list box and 1 seller from the seller2 list box, and I should see 3 lines on the chart.

As for now I just see 1 line for each list box.

Thanks in advance

Michel

This is the code:

LOAD Date,

Article,

Quantity,

Price,

Sum,

Seller

FROM

[C:\Documents and Settings\....sales.xls]

(biff, embedded labels);

LOAD DISTINCT Date,

Article2,

Quantity2,

Price2,

Sum2,

Seller2

FROM

[C:\Documents and Settings\...sales2.xls]

(biff, embedded labels);

• Line chart, 2 expressions
          jonathan dienst

Hi

If the question is how to select more than one value in a list box, press and hold CTRL while you make the selections.

Whether one or many lines appear depends on how your defined your chart. I think you should post your app or a sample of it for more help on this.

Regards

Jonathan

trash123

Hi,

the question was about showing more than one line on the chart.

If I keep 1 dimension on the line chart, for example sum(price), then when I select more than one value in the first list box I see multiple lines which is correct.

When I use 2 dimensions sum(price) and sum(prices2) I can't see multiple lines anymore.

Johan Idh

Multiple expressions will count as an expression, making the chart no longer using the second "real" dimension for its calculation (line chart is limited to at most 2 dimensions ( or 1 "real" dimension and multiple expressions)).