Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bismart
Creator
Creator

Load all sheets in all Excel documents

I have a number of Excel docs in a folder with naming convention of FileName_YYMMDD.

The problem is that the docs may contain a different number of sheets i.e. Doc1 has Sheet1/Sheet2

while Doc2 has Sheet1/Sheet2/Sheet3 etc.

I need to create a table of Doc name and Sheets belonging to that Doc.

Then I want to load the sheets from their associated docs in a loop statement.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

66 Replies
Not applicable

Hello Sir,

You've helped me before in loading all the sheets in an Excel Sheet.

Actually i'm having some problem loading the sheets, i get the error : Missing/Misplaced FROM......

Before it was loading fine, but when i replaced 6 NULL values in the sheet by zeros to get the desired result & reloaded QV again i got this error message & even i replaced the NULL values i still got the error.

I've no idea, wats happening..i've nt done any change to the script, how is it possible that it shows such an error

Please help.

Regards

Not applicable

Can you please attach your excel file and loading script?

Thanks,

Sajeevan

Not applicable

Dear Sir,

The strange thing is that earlier i clicked Cancel as soon the error msg appeared so it stopped there only.

but once i clicked Ok & proceed further & i noticed that despite of the error msg i had all the data loaded.

Now, can you make out something from this info or do i need to attach the excel sheet which i doubt i can as it has some imp data. Plz don't mind.

If u ask i'll enter some dummy values & attach it.

Regards

Not applicable

I would like to see the file to check what is causing this error. It could be an issue with the file you are loading. Are you able to see anything strange in the file when you open it in Excel? It could be a column or a row.

Not applicable

Hello Sir,

the script & excel is attached

Regards

Not applicable

You can ignore the error.

This error happens when the file is used with autofilter.

Regards,

Sajeevan

Not applicable

Hello Sir,

1) What does that mean: autofilter

2) Did you alos get the error

3) If the document is scheduled to be reloaded automatically, it will remain halted when the msg appears, how to deal with this

Regards