Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show only white (active) values in listbox

Hi All,

See, i have a list box showing all survey ids in my dashboad. Now when i do some selections, only those survey ids which are relevent to the selections will be seen in white and others will be in gray..yes, expected behaviour of qlikview.

Have a look at the below states of the mentioned list box..

SurveysIssue.bmp

Here , the figure 1 shows the default view of the list box when no selection is made.

Figure 2 shows the state of the listbox when some selections are made..see the scroll bar position, I have to scroll all the way towards right passing all grayed out surveys to find the relevent ones (in white) for the current selection.

Now my requirement is that, when I do some selections in other filters, i want to see only the active survey ids for that selection, in this list box. That means, I dont want to see gray color in this list box anytime.

There is an option in the list box properties which says 'Hide Excluded' ..i tried this, and when that option is enabled, the excluded survey ids are no longer shown but the vast area of gray option still exists making me to scroll all the way towards right to find the active survey ids. See in figure 3

Do anyone have any suggestion to help me achive my requirement?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

to explain this,

{<SURVEY_ID= P(SURVEY_ID),[Survey Type]= {'Outside'}>}

P() function in P(SURVEY_ID) means Possible. We just Set SURVEY_ID (with the function Only()) to Possible value (which is your selection)

well set analysis is somewhat like if statement^^

=aggr(only({<SURVEY_ID= P(SURVEY_ID),[Survey Type]= {'Outside'}>}SURVEY_ID),SURVEY_ID)

so here we only set the values of SURVEY_ID to appear if SURVEY_ID = P(SURVEY_ID (or Possible or Selected value) AND if [Survey Type]= {'Outside'} (Survey type is outside)

we combined it with only function, well to make the values of SURVEY_ID ONLY if your condition is met

and Aggr() function. we used it here coz we will get an error with only function without aggr-ing it^^

I dont know if I explained it clearly, Sorry in advance if  its hard to understand me lol

Regards,

Alex

View solution in original post

17 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Set the listbox sort to "Auto Ascending". This will cause your white entries to sort to the top of the listbox.

-Rob

subin6600
Creator III
Creator III

Hi, As Rob has mentioned you could sort the list box and it would make the available entries to be on the top.

error.JPG

Regards, Subin

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob and Subin,

I tried this, but it is not working.

Even after checking the sort by state as auto ascending, the whicte entries are not shown at the begining

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

in that case be sure that no other option is selected (numeric value or text)

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

can you try this?

go to your listbox properties

under "Fields", Select "Expression"

then type or copypaste

=aggr(only({<Surveys= P(Surveys)>}Surveys),Surveys)

under Title:

type "Surveys"

Hope this can help you^^

Best Regards,

Alex

Not applicable
Author

Alex,

The expression that I was using in list box (to filter the Survey IDs) till now was

=if([Survey Type]='Outside',SURVEY_ID)

Incorporating the expression you mentioned will result in something like this,

=aggr(only({<SURVEY_ID= P(SURVEY_ID)>}SURVEY_ID),SURVEY_ID)

In this, can you help me to include the [Survey Type] fiter condition also, so that I can try..

I tried but I am unsure about the syntax and it is failing.

Not applicable
Author

Alex,

Thanks a lot ..I think I got it.. can you please check the below expression and confirm if I got it right?

=aggr(only({<SURVEY_ID= P(SURVEY_ID),{[Survey Type]='Outside'}>}SURVEY_ID),SURVEY_ID)

Also, it would eb great help if you could explain this..like what the expression means..(am not that much into set analysis..and is eager to learn)..so that it would help me tackle set expression related challenges in future.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

here^^

=aggr(only({<SURVEY_ID= P(SURVEY_ID),[Survey Type]= {'Outside'}>}SURVEY_ID),SURVEY_ID)

the curly bracket should e placed after your = sigh

{[Survey Type]= 'Outside'} should be [Survey Type]= {'Outside'}

glade to have helped you^^

Regards,

Alex

Not applicable
Author

to explain this,

{<SURVEY_ID= P(SURVEY_ID),[Survey Type]= {'Outside'}>}

P() function in P(SURVEY_ID) means Possible. We just Set SURVEY_ID (with the function Only()) to Possible value (which is your selection)

well set analysis is somewhat like if statement^^

so here we only set the values of SURVEY_ID to appear if SURVEY_ID = P(SURVEY_ID (or Possible or Selected value) AND if [Survey Type]= {'Outside'} (Survey type is outside)

we combined it with only function, well to make the values of SURVEY_ID ONLY if your condition is met

and Aggr() function. we used it here coz we will get an error with only function without aggr-ing it^^

I dont know if I explained it clearly, Sorry in advance if  its hard to understand me lol

Regards,

Alex