Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Count function on Primary key

I can not allow to use count function on Primary key but if i rename it then i can use count function on that primary key......how it is possible????

yojas

21 Replies
Not applicable
Author

yes i am getting it for all types of fields.....

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

From key fields, I am refering to the fields which are key field in your Qlikview data model, I am not saying about fields which were key fields in your source database!!

Can you post me a screenshot of your table viewer (ctrl+T) which shows that a field is link field and also a list box showing frequencies for that link field?

That will be a good learning for me because till now I used to believe that link fields don't show frequency.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashutosh,

I am sending you snapshots in which Customer_ID is primary key and still showing frequencies...but in some examples we can not apply show Frequencies for primary key... because it is desabled... i dont understand why this is happening?

temp_CountPrimaryKey.png

yojas

Not applicable
Author

Hi Yojas,

I am not able to see the image you have uploaded, can you please check it again if you are able to see it.

I have always seen show frequency option disabled for associating fields (Key Fields).

Qlikview explains that there could be ambiguity when field is in different tables.

However, There may be something missing which I have never seen because there are some behaviors in Qlikview which are not documented.

So, please share the image again, or if possible share the application (will help me to catch whole scenario).

Thanks!

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

i sorry i don't speak english very but i want to gives my view. It is not possible to use the function count on Primary Key in Qlikview. You can use count on another field of a table but not on the Primary Key, do not forget it.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

But we can use count on primary key....

e.g. : if my table contains Order_Id as primary key then using count(Order_Id) i can get number of orders.

yojas

Not applicable
Author

Sorry.... but the print screen is not coming clear.... 

yojas

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

As per reference manual version 10 page no. (book 1 pg 472) (you can search using 'Frequencies'),

it is written that count function can not be used on the key fields (associating fields). While, I have seen that in some scenrios it works, so it is basically based on the ambiguity if it exists then this function will not work or else it works.

But, showing frequencies, I have never seen to work on key fields.

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

okay, but can't you attach the app?

Not applicable
Author

I am not able to send my QlikView application ...in the attachment it is asking only for Web URL....