Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ActiveDocument in server

Hi all,

Will "ActiveDocument"  function will work in QlikView Server ?

I am using below macro in Desktop app here its working fine but when i used same app in server the macro is not executing.

Is there any steps to follow in server app for below macro ?

Sub ExportImageInfo
Set Chart = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH396")
Set P = Chart.GetProperties
Chart.SendToExcel
End Sub

Thanks in advance.

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In my current app already having an Bookmark and its id = "BM01".

In desktop, current app i can replace the bookmark with new selections.

But, in Inter Explorer server then i am not able to replace the existed bookmark(BM01) with new selections.

Is there any way to work this same action in server machine also ?

Thanks in advance.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Does the user trying to modify the bookmark have read and write (modify) permissions on the .Shared, .Meta and .QVW files? Is that a Document bookmark or a User bookmark (does it appear in the Bookmarks dropdown list)?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

control+M

select

requested module security as

system access

and

current local security as

allow system access

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

I am providing the "Document Bookmarks" in my desktop app.

I can able to see the existed bookmarks in IE Sever, but not able to replace the bookmarks.

The User will connect to IE Server and there he should have a permission to read & modify in qvw file.

Thanks in advance.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,

I had done same what you mentioned, but also not able to replace the bookmarks in qvw file by using IE Server.

Thanks in advance.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Document bookmarks cannot be modified by using a Client (Ajax, Plugin, Desktop connecting to a Server). User bookmarks are. Document bookmarks are stored into the QVW file. This QVW file cannot be changed (as designed, it's not a flaw) or modified from a client. All data stored into Shared files can be modified in a Server environment.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

What i understand from your post is DocumentBookmarks or UserBookmarks that are created in desktop app will not support in any server(IE,Ajax).

How can we create a bookmarks that support in server(IE, Ajax,etc)  from desktop application itself ?

Is this possible ?

Please let me know if possible how to create bookmarks that support in server(IE).

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Veera