Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ActiveDocument in server

Hi all,

Will "ActiveDocument"  function will work in QlikView Server ?

I am using below macro in Desktop app here its working fine but when i used same app in server the macro is not executing.

Is there any steps to follow in server app for below macro ?

Sub ExportImageInfo
Set Chart = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH396")
Set P = Chart.GetProperties
Chart.SendToExcel
End Sub

Thanks in advance.

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In my current app already having an Bookmark and its id = "BM01".

In desktop, current app i can replace the bookmark with new selections.

But, in Inter Explorer server then i am not able to replace the existed bookmark(BM01) with new selections.

Is there any way to work this same action in server machine also ?

Thanks in advance.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Does the user trying to modify the bookmark have read and write (modify) permissions on the .Shared, .Meta and .QVW files? Is that a Document bookmark or a User bookmark (does it appear in the Bookmarks dropdown list)?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

control+M

select

requested module security as

system access

and

current local security as

allow system access

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

I am providing the "Document Bookmarks" in my desktop app.

I can able to see the existed bookmarks in IE Sever, but not able to replace the bookmarks.

The User will connect to IE Server and there he should have a permission to read & modify in qvw file.

Thanks in advance.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,

I had done same what you mentioned, but also not able to replace the bookmarks in qvw file by using IE Server.

Thanks in advance.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Document bookmarks cannot be modified by using a Client (Ajax, Plugin, Desktop connecting to a Server). User bookmarks are. Document bookmarks are stored into the QVW file. This QVW file cannot be changed (as designed, it's not a flaw) or modified from a client. All data stored into Shared files can be modified in a Server environment.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

What i understand from your post is DocumentBookmarks or UserBookmarks that are created in desktop app will not support in any server(IE,Ajax).

How can we create a bookmarks that support in server(IE, Ajax,etc)  from desktop application itself ?

Is this possible ?

Please let me know if possible how to create bookmarks that support in server(IE).

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Veera