Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Indian Currency Format Symbol

Can anyone tell me how to add INR symbol(Indian Currency Format)  with amount.

Thank you,

Minakshi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

it is

= chr( num#( '20B9', '(hex)') )

It will show square box in your developer but in browser it should show fine as browser will display unicode properly.

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you want to INR then you can write it in number tab of the chart for the selected expression under the symbol area.

but if you want to show the exact symbol then you will need to install a font which supports rupee symbol.

One font I know is "Rupee Foradian", install it in your windows font folder then select that font.

Also, it will need to be installed in all the client systems where this font is needed to be viewed.

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashutosh,

will that Rupee Fordian work for Qlikview ???

Thank you,

Minakshi

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Just take a look here:

http://community.qlik.com/message/144939

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Hi Minakshi,

I think it is better to use unicode. as Ralf said.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

wt is the unicode for Indian currency ???

Not applicable
Author

it is

= chr( num#( '20B9', '(hex)') )

It will show square box in your developer but in browser it should show fine as browser will display unicode properly.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot both of u .

Not applicable
Author

How to check qlikview reports in browser.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

have you been able to successfully see the rupee symbol in Qlikview?

if not than I am sorry that I was mistaken, actually this rupee symbol was included from unicode version 6 and microsoft had released the updated fonts to support the ruppe symbol on 18 May 2011.

You need to have updated fonts or else you will not be able to see this symbol.

This is the link which takes you to the download page for updated font, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2496898

If you update your fonts then you will see rupee symbol in both Qlikview desktop as well as in Browser, if your fonts are not updated then you will not see them any of the place. There is no diffeence in between the browser and Qlikview behavior for this font as the font files used are your window font files in both the places.

But, you will also need to take care that in whichever machine your Qlikview application is going to be visited that machine should also have updated fonts or else they will see some junk symbol such as square box etc.

Please let me know, if I can be of any help.

Regards,

Ashutosh