Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
somenathroy
Creator III
Creator III

Workbench Installation

Hi All,

I have a Qlikview server. In my local machine I have installed Qlikview desktop version, Qlikview workbench and Visual Studio 2010. QVWorkbench has been installed without raising any error. During installation in the Default Values dialog testing of the QvAjaxZfcPath results OK. But when trying to drag and drop a Qlikview object from the VS toolbox to a webpage at the first time it does not ask for license checking and the QvAjaxZfcPath of the Qlikview object is set blank.

I am not able to get the qvw Documents reside at the QV server from Smart Tag.

Is it mandatory to install QV Workbench at server ?

If QV Workbench is installed at QV server then how will I get QlikView object in Visual Studio in my local machine ?

If my installations are correct then what are the issues of not having the qvw documents in Smart Tag ?

Any rays are most welcome.

Thanks

Som

11 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Som,

I am having the same problem since few weeks and struggling to resolve it. I hope someone can on this one.

Cheers - DV

somenathroy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi All,

Can anyone provide configuration steps for QV Server or Local machine (where Visual Studio installed) to resolve the aboved mentioned problem ?

Please note that QV Server and Visual Studio have been installed on two different machines.

QV Server is installed on Microsoft Server 2003 R2 machine and Visual Studio 2010 has been installed in Win XP machine.

Thanks,

Som

Not applicable

HI All,

From where i can get QlikView WorkBench.exe file??

I have QlikView desktop only.

Thanks

Satish

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

Install sdk

while installing qlikview it asking for sdk option you need to check

from there you can see the workbench download option

see the attached file

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable

Sunil,

Which version of qlikview it will ask for sdk option. I didn't seen this option while installing desktop s/w where can i find this option while installing.

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

sorry

i think it is with  qlikview server installation

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable

Ow! that's well. I also seen that it will allows to select few SDK but i didn't seen qlikview workbench. I'll check once again when i install sever.

Thanks....,

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

after opening sdk it will show you option to download workbench

see the attached file in my prvious post

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
adhudson
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

There are some chechlist items you need to verify in your existing installation of QlikView Workbench and Server.

1. First of all, No matter wherever your server resides, if you can open access point from your machine then it is possible to use qv workbench.

2. The important thing here is, your server license should be workbench enabled one. Otherwise server wil not allow workbench to fetch the documents and its details.

3. And the most crucial thing is, the versions of both the qlikview workbench package and your server shoudl be the same. For different versions, it is not working as I encountered the same before.

Do check all the above points and let me know if the issue is solved.

Regards

Andrew Hudson