Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Log out functionality

Dear All,

I am using Qv 11.

Click on Log-out image trigger 2 actions Close This Document & OpenURL which is working in our development environment but not happening whenwe access through Access Point.
It shows blank page on click logout in browser. Any idea how to achieve log outfunctionality ?

Its bit urgent!!!. Appreciate quick response.

Thanks,

Kumar

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I'm currently setting up QlikView V11 and I believe I'm having the same problem. If you are logged into AccessPoint and you select the 'Sign Out' link, all it really does is take you back to the log in page. From there, if you select the 'Sign In' it actually takes you back into your AccessPoint session without needing to enter Username and Password again. This is a major security problem for my company. This was actually a problem we found going back to version 9 and it still hasn't been resolved.

If anyone has a good solution, I could use some help on this as well.

Thanks,

Larry

adhudson
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

I suspect that the problem is with the order of the Actions given.

Just change as Open URL an d Close Document in the Actions of the Logout image

Regards

Andrew HUdson

Not applicable
Author

Well, I have still not found a solution for your problem but yes if you don't close the browser window then it does not ask for the username and password when you again try to sign in. So, if you want to ask it for user name and password then you need to close the browser window.

You can advice your users that they should close their browser after using qlikview that way even if they don't click on sign out they are signed out as well as if anyone needs to login, he needs to enter the username and password.

You can also take Qliktech's help because I suspect there might be some setting in some XML file which can help you with this issue.

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

I've contacted support and they confirmed this is a bug and will be addressed in the next release. Not sure if they mean service pack or full release. But I would think this is a pretty big security issue. I know it is for us. For reference the bug # is 45832.

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

I´ve the same problem: the user opens a document, click and sign out. The user paste the document link in the same browser and Access Point opens the document without ask authentication.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
rmarino14
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Any update on this bug? We use the product in a medical enviroment and this is a huge HIPAA violation for us.

Not applicable
Author

Our vendor submitted a support ticket with Qlikview and they have responded that this will be fixed in an upcoming service releases and/or patches for resolution of bug 45832.

rmarino14
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I just called and they have a patch available now to resolve this issue. You need to contact them  to get it ubtil the release an update.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the update rmarino14! I will contact them again.