Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kamielrajaram
Creator III
Creator III

Leading zeros

Good day,

I am having an issue when exporting to excel, where the leading zero's are being dropped. How would I be able to resolve this.

Thank you in advance.

Kamiel

14 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try using the  Text() in your load script, it converts numbers to text.

Ex:

LOAD

Text(FieldName) AS Field1,

'

'

'

FROM FileName;

Regards,

Jagan.

kamielrajaram
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

This is not in the load. It is in the dimension on a straight table. I have edited the field text(field). It displays correctly on the document, but when I click the XL icon the leading zero is dropped.

Regards

Kamiel

Not applicable

You probably used the formatting in the "Numbers" tab in your object, I guess. My proposal is to import your data as text in your load script, TEXT(YourFigures) AS Field1. Maybe, the problem can be solved when you just go to Settings / Document Properties / Numbers and choose number format "Mixed" and "Survive Reload" in the settings for your field.

Does this work?

Regards,

sebablum

kamielrajaram
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

Thank you, I have checked and those settings already exist. It seems to have resolved itself. Thnak you for your assistance. Previously under dimension it was =Ttext(field) and now it is =text(field). not sure if this is an issue.

Thank you again for your assistance

Regards

Kamiel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Hope the attached qv file will be help for your requirement,

Export the table which is available in the attached qv file.

Regards

Ashok.

kamielrajaram
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Good day,

I'm back with the same question. I have tried all mentioned solutions ans none seem to work on a large dataset. I am exporting 400000 rows to excel and the leading zeros are getting dropped. if I limit the dataset, the 0's are present. I am at a loss of whta the issue may be. In my load from the qvd file the load is  Load text(dialling code from file .qvd()qvd. I also adfd acalculated dimesion text(dialling code).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

clisboa_noesis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

The problem seems like QlikView trying to save memory (hence the issue only with bigger dataset) in a field that all it's records are numeric if the leading zeros are dropped.

I would try to load the field with text(field) (which has worked fine for me on a couple of ocasions) and check the tag assigned (Settings -> Document Properties -> Tables -> Fields). If it still is $numeric $integer edit it to $ascii, $text.  If that doesn't work i would concatenate with an inline load with a space or something that would force QlikView to load the field in text mode.

Regards,

Carlos

kamielrajaram
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks ,

I am getting the following message displayed- Adding system tags is not allowed when I try to edit the tags

clisboa_noesis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hm, i thought we could edit it...

Well do the inline load thing

Regards,

Carlos